Thanksgiving Recipes 2022

And that’s why you call it dressing instead, then!

5 Likes

I’m haven’t been allowed to cook like that since my heart doctor says my LDL and HdL must be below 40.

My wife’s love gets in the way of delicious food sometimes.

But when I made stuffing at our house or to take on the road it always included pork sausage, lots of pork sausage.

Now I want sausage, maybe I’ll sneak some in on Thursday.

8 Likes

Use some vegan ‘pork sausage’ instead. Honestly, you’ll barely notice the difference, and it’ll be healthier for you.

7 Likes

14 Likes

A sandwich.

1 Like

Cool.
Have a recipe for that sandwich, or just trolling?

8 Likes

A sandwich is a nice snack on any occasion.

But then again, what actually is a sandwich (and what isn’t)?

6 Likes

A filling between two pieces of bread. So, for thanksgiving, turkey ravioli.

9 Likes

Cut it diagonally or you are dead to me.

10 Likes

Diagonal sandwiches taste better…

game of thrones agree GIF

10 Likes

You Got It Yes GIF by Your Happy Workplace

8 Likes

Trolling ain’t my style. That’s my thanksgiving feast.

4 Likes

Last year my Thanksgiving dinner was some leftover pizza (eaten alone). I enjoyed it!

9 Likes

17 Likes

Get Out Indian GIF by Monica Vaswani

12 Likes

Oh noes, someone stabbed Taylor Swift!

I know I know, my turn now to get out

8 Likes

I’ve used chicken andouille, if that helps… (also, don’t know your situation but I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to raise my HDL above 40)

ETA

The taste is alright but it turns out drier, I think (same for sausage balls)

6 Likes

Now that’s a sandwich!

7 Likes

That was harsh but funny.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

9 Likes

We had a local butcher that used to make some really good chicken sausage as an alternative to pork sausage. It was good but still not pork. I have a freezer full of boneless skinless chicken breasts that me and the wife can cook 300 different ways but I still like an occasional really bad for me meal. The last one was an old fashioned pot roast and I didn’t skim off the fat when I made gravy and I put real butter on the biscuits.

We’ve been poaching a lot of chicken for our old cat because lately it’s all he’ll eat. We poach extra and dice it up for tacos, that ain’t bad. I’ll also smoke 3 or 4 every couple weeks over an open fire and slice them really thin for various meals. InstantPot breasts make for good pulled chicken. I’ll throw in an occasional boneless skinless thigh to add a little more flavor.

I keep meaning to try some of that Beyond Meat but haven’t had a chance to seek some out.

My cholesterol gets flagged every time as too low but my cardiologist said if any doctor tries to tell me it needs be higher I should run away from that doctor. No matter how low I get it my arteries are still clogged with plaque. My doctor says it’s not if it’s when for the next big one. I manage to keep my numbers low with a very low dose of medication, I just eat as good as I can but I still eat way too many good calories.

I know too low is a problem for some people, I’d like to say I wish I had that problem but I’d rather not have either problem.

8 Likes