That guy who made up a story about stealing a brick of heroin from an MS-13 gang member says he now regrets it

His new story sounds a lot more truthful to me.

He even admits “I should just be writing screenplays.”

I think that’s his biggest f%$k-up here, he could have just turned his phony story into real money by selling it to Hollywood, instead he made a fool of himself, and maybe endangered his life.

1 Like

Medium, the platform for confessions, whether you are a cheating billionaire or an idiot who just tweeted that you ripped off MS-13.

2 Likes

No, his nan didn’t write a paper check. That would just draw attention to her opium den business. She actually transferred funds to his Deutsche Bank account. But once the feds caught wind of it…ping to you.

1 Like

Now I am leaning toward the theory that in the original story it wasn’t MS-13 or clowns. It was his nan. She sold him her Buick LeSabre and forgot she left the opium in the glove box. He swapped it for a plate of cookies and she was none the wiser. the end.

1 Like

Heh. I’d forgotten about gecko45. Hoo boy.

3 Likes

I dunno. It wasn’t that convincing even as fiction, nor was it particularly interesting, original or exciting, either. This is the usual problem with these “it really happened to me” stories - they don’t work well as fiction, the attraction is purely the thought that it’s real (or mocking the implausibility).

4 Likes

I don’t care if it’s true or not. I’ll happily donate a squirt of piss and a ball of lint to his GoFundMe page. They don’t take those currencies? Oh well…

1 Like

Amazon Prime does weed now?

1 Like

I’m going to withhold judgment until I see how he ends season 8.

13 Likes

The only winners in this story are the producers who realized they don’t have to buy any rights to make this story into a movie.

3 Likes

Right now I’m really glad I didn’t waste my time reading that initial thread.

1 Like

This was my thought on the first read. “Whether it’s real or not he’s sure as fuck going to be dead now!”

Would that qualify for a Darwin award? :thinking:

3 Likes

We know the bar is pretty low for HBO shows.

I know a couple that certainly do.

2 Likes

Knew it was fake early on in the damn story.who writes about ripping off a gang and has their picture in the post.

1 Like

Nice of him to include photos of his sister and friends too.

4 Likes

Dunno. His new story boils down to “someone told me they thought I was a complete idiot” and … I can believe that.

4 Likes

shrug Hey, $35 is a cheapo bus ticket outta Dodge. Hopefully your jackassery won’t be fatal, sir…

It wasn’t a brick of heroin, it was a bag of weed … and he smoked it.

1 Like

It wasn’t just a stupid bit of Twitter bullshit, it was a fundamentally racist bit of Twitter bullshit.

Fuck that guy.

12 Likes

One guy telling an obvious fiction about ms-13 =/= an existential threat to their business model, and the idea that anyone in ms-13 GAF is honestly not realistic. The man is an idiot. But he’s also not going to be murdered because of this.

3 Likes