That sound you hear is 'Republican talking points disintegrating'

Honestly someone needs to threaten Mitch McConnell and say that if the precedent is that a president is allowed to have foreign governments investigate family members of political enemies then Mitch’s children are going to end up in a Chinese prison in the next Democratic administration.

4 Likes

And just like in The Big Lebowski, the nihilists are almost indistinguishable from Nazis

3 Likes

True, I forgot about how Moscow mitch has basically done nothing but deflect and kiss ass.
I don’t even bother debating politics anymore…fool’s errand

4 Likes

It’s not a debate. Just smack down the most awful lies with extreme prejudice and leave the garden-variety bullshit alone to avoid exhaustion.

6 Likes

You are a better man than I.
I have run out of steam trying to change minds.
quit

4 Likes

I’m the Energizer-freakin’-Bunny of pointless politics. Yay for me.

14 Likes

I laughed way harder at this than I should have

5 Likes

Had to work today, so unable to see the hearings in real time, but Vox seems to think the pres had a bad day:

7 Likes

Check in Friday on 538. You will likely find a Trump approval rating which hasn’t budged.

Why do I say this?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I think they’re spending all of their time confirming rightwing judges to help insure a conservative legacy long after Moscow Mitch is swimming in the fiery pools of Hell.

6 Likes

Are impeachment referrals privileged?

1 Like

How are the numbers of people calling themselves Republicans looking lately?

2 Likes
Date Republicans Independents Democrats
2019 Oct 14-31 28 39 31
2019 Oct 1-13 26 43 29
2019 Sep 16-30 26 44 29
2019 Sep 3-15 29 38 31
2019 Aug 15-30 26 42 30
2019 Aug 1-14 27 40 29
2019 Jul 15-31 26 41 30

However, the poll does lag the evening news, by quite a bit.

4 Likes

I took a quick look at the data from your link, and Republicans are dropping about 3/5 of a percentage point per year on average, and Democrats and Independents are picking that up. By 2060 the Republicans will be as dead as the Whigs.

3 Likes

I’ll be the happiest 85 year old ever!

6 Likes

Yeah, maybe we’ll be too old to appreciate it, but unlike the Republicans, I actually care about the future generations

7 Likes

So will the rest of us if they manage to hold onto power that long.

Sorry, that was bleak :confused:

5 Likes

Bleak but true

2 Likes

Aren’t some of the rules that the house chairman is using in the hearings a legacy of some stuff cooked up during a past Republican majority… which they’re wailing now is unfair?

3 Likes

just had a look at the data from today

Date Republicans Independents Democrats
2019 Nov1-14 30 38 31
2019 Oct 14-31 28 39 31

etc.

so, apparently the impeachment hearings have increased Republican support.

This isn’t the logical timeline.