That time Daryl Hannah and Neil Young got married

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/30/that-time-daryl-hannah-and-nei.html

3 Likes

No one, according to The Guardian, was watching over Young’s wife of over three decades, Pegi Young, when he divorced her shortly before his relationship with Hannah became a thing.

So? Does Pegi need someone watching over her? Is it anyone’s business? Where did The Guardian say no one was watching over her? And why should this article, about Neil and his new wife, have anything to do with someone keeping an eye on his ex?

Pegi’s alw That said, no one knows the truth behind Pegi and Neil breaking up, save them, their lawyers and very likely, Daryl Hannah.

WTF?

12 Likes

I had the same reaction to those lines. Couples break up sometimes. People start new relationships sometimes. I’m not sure why that tone was taken unless there is more to this that this non-fan is aware of.

5 Likes

So glad that Boing Boing is covering such niche news stories like… < checks notes > … celebrity weddings.

4 Likes

Ol’ Neil would probably ask the same question:

On the media scrutiny surrounding his relationship with Hannah, Young said: “We didn’t pay any attention to that. It doesn’t matter. We don’t give a shit. We don’t care, because they don’t know what they’re talking about. And if they do know what they’re talking about, we still don’t care, but we’re happy for them. It doesn’t matter. What matters is us, not the press.”

7 Likes

Yea, especially since I hear that’s all the National Enquirer has left to cover.

2 Likes

“The moral nihilism of celebrity culture is played out on reality television shows, most of which encourage a dark voyeurism into other people’s humiliation, pain, weakness, and betrayal.”
― Chris Hedges, Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle

You’re better than this @SeamusBellamy.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I am. Mostly.

I know it borders on…disappointment…but I wasn’t aware this was BoingBoing - People Magazine crossover week.

2 Likes

I am a fan of all news related to Neil Young. He is peculiar, imperfect, and magnificent. Being a human person (really!), I also hope all parties involved are happy.

4 Likes

Yeah. Celebrate the new marriage or bemoan the death of the old, but don’t do (or hint at) both.

Daryl Hannah played Pris in Blade Runner.

Neil Young made Trans

Both of these works helped found Cyberpunk in the 1980s.

Daryl and Neil are both time travelers, living in the future. Good luck to them.

5 Likes

I wonder if i’ll be ‘Juᴤt Marriɘd’ one day too? :stuck_out_tongue:

It goes further and deeper and more profound.

Listen to “Like an Inca”/www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjC_eczKi4c

The song foretells of the alluring troubadour and the sleepless Vegetalista combining insights and abilities to usher in a shaman fueled empire of action-packed mirthful poetry.

I predict this marriage will usher a new era of music video so superior to anything we have ever imagined; like theater interacting on highspeed trains traversing the continents as musicians play in the lounge car that the train workers call the “reefer”.

“Poople” magazine doesn’t seem to cover this beautiful pairing.

1 Like

Always wondered what that song was about.

Fixed URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjC_eczKi4c

This is fascinating, and very important page six material for this particular community. Why no mention of what the Kardashians think of this? /s

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.