Jeff Sessions asked Sally Yates in 2015 if she'd say no to 'improper' presidential orders

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/30/thank-you-sally-yates.html

7 Likes

But that was different.

26 Likes

Yeah, a black Democrat was in office then.

27 Likes

After the confirmation hearings in which Spicer asked Yates the now seemingly prophetic questions,

Should be “in which Sessions asked her,” yes?

11 Likes

Oh they despised the last white Democrat too.

11 Likes

Yeah. I thought it was important to mention both ethnicity and affiliation, though.

10 Likes

Part of me wants to spend all day tweeting this video at Donald Trump

8 Likes

Yet more proof that Republicans like to talk about the Constitution, separation of powers, and the rule of law, but don’t actually give a rat’s ass about any of them.

23 Likes

#HULK MAD

#HULK NOT BUYING IT

25 Likes

awe shucks

15 Likes

This video is going viral on the premises that Sessions would consider the travel ban improper and that he’s not a hypocrite. I’m skeptical about both.

13 Likes

6 Likes

If they are in power, they don’t care about any of that. They just want to keep their rich masters happy and hope they get something from the 1%.

1 Like

Hulk needs to smash some places in Washington D.C.

3 Likes

It…isn’t grammar though? It’s the wrong person who asked the question - or am I gif reading too literally here?

3 Likes

My “huh?” exactly.

2 Likes

Yes… too literal… Just a joke about nit-picking, really.

4 Likes

Nitpicking to say it wasn’t mouthpiece Sean Spicer who asked the question, but instead Senator Sessions?

Maybe I just need more sleep. Well, I always do.

2 Likes

You’re not in the wrong here. For some reason they felt the need to defend BB instead of just accepting that the correction needed to be made.

2 Likes