That time the Bionic man, Bionic woman and Sasquatch threw the ring into Mount Doom

This was about a decade later, but it’s exactly like the original Star Trek! The music, the set design, all of it!

I knew a sasquatch was gonna make an appearance, but it still surprised me…

2 Likes

I didn’t want to sound like I was making a value judgement.

1 Like

You’re not wrong…

And 8 minutes of volcano stock footage.

3 Likes

That’s from back when if you wanted stock footage someone actually had to get the stock agency to run a copy off the negative and send you a physical copy of it, which then got physically spliced into the show - I’m not even sure how that worked. Did they send a print for the editor and a negative for the conformation reel?:thinking: Researching and using stock footage back then must have been an expensive major pain in the butt.

1 Like

I vividly remember watching this episode when it first aired. Pretty sure it was a two-parter. Man, I loved The Six Million Dollar Man as a kid. And of course, Lindsay Wagner was one of my first TV crushes (for the record, Kristy MacNichol was my first). Damn I’m old.

1 Like

I thought that was the most interesting part!

2 Likes

I was an endurance runner in high school but never fast enough for anything other than cross country. Just about the only thing I appreciated about the Bionic Woman and the Six Million Dollar Man was realizing, “heck, even I can move faster than that.”

4 Likes

Most importantly, this may also be the first known use of “Progress-Bar Trope” in filmed entertainment!

Everyone LOVES a good progress bar!!

3 Likes

My first job in Hollywood, circa 1995 (I’m an editor now), was as a runner for a post-production house. I had to pick up some stock footage for a trailer, so I went to Paramount. There was actually a shadowy room that looked like Harry Potter’s wand store, with film canisters stacked to the rafters, and an ancient man as the sole attendant. I forget what footage we needed, but I remember him muttering “At least it’s not a bullfight. Bullfight! Bullfight! They ALWAYS want a bullfight…”

6 Likes

According to the series, Sasquatch was an android constructed by aliens.

So… ya know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 Likes

She still looks pretty good - she was a recurring character on WAREHOUSE 13.

Yeah, a stachless Colonel Steve Austin used his bionic powers and accidentally ripped the sasquatch’s arm off, revealing he was a robot. When I was a boy and saw that, I nearly melted into a gooey mess on the shag rug when that happened.

3 Likes

I think for this episode the Bionic Bigfoot was played by Ted Cassidy. Andre was the original Bionic Bigfoot though!

3 Likes

Ugh, all the excuses to have a slo-mo bionic fight with competing sound effects: sasquatch, robots, Russian Venus probes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.