The 2017 Halloween Candy Hierarchy: Definitely Not Fake News

CCEs have been released (fresh) for Halloween. In the US, for at least one October, they have released ghost eggs, and scream eggs. The latter having a green center.

As a lover of Fuzzy Peaches, I’d also like to point out that they are not available in most of the US. There are vile gummy peach confections, but, I haven’t seen a real Fuzzy Peach here in a while. I order them in bulk from Canada.

1 Like

Smarties is the best candy. This assumes you (correctly) consider “chocolate” to be a food group.

2 Likes

That is an offense to blue cheese everywhere. Candy corn is the American Cheese of cnady corn, ubiquitous, bland and devoid of character.

2 Likes

You heard that wrong, “jiff”
tenor

2 Likes

Around here, all the Halloween chocolate candy disappears by the end of discount day 1, if it ever was available, and the only thing left is the equivalent of JoyJoy, mit iodine! Incidentally, salmiak is a salted variant of regular black licorice, kind of the licorice version of caramel with sea salt. I like it, but too much licorice is bad for my blood pressure.

3 Likes

No wax lips? :frowning:

3 Likes

Are Cadbury Eggs that low due to them being bad or out of season?

I’m a Kit Kat guy all the way, but Cadbury Eggs are objectively better though rare.

Like the weird rich people who gave me a chocolate orange one year… when Mom said I could have 1 candy before bed, I don’t think she included a baseball sized hunk of chocolate in her threat model :sunglasses:

1 Like

What? Hershey’s Special Dark isn’t highest tier candy? You milk chocolate heathens shall burn with your fellow “white chocolate” infidel conspirators in Carob hell.

Also Whoppers, in fact, do not suck. My humble opinion and I’m sticking to it.

3 Likes

I love all chocolate bars, except Twix. I just don’t understand them. They’re made out of things that are supposed to taste good. What happened?

2 Likes

I hope it was somewhere in America. I love the idea of someone running down the road ringing a bell.
“The British are coming, the British are coming”.
“What why?”
“Which fool was giving away spotted dick for Halloween.”

4 Likes

You can just say licorice. The red stuff isn’t licorice.

4 Likes

Been there, done that. Chocolate (or any caffeine) gave me migraines for my teenage/young adult years. Chocolate fueled holidays were quite a trial. Thankfully I can now tolerate half a full size dark chocolate candy bar. So there us hope.

2 Likes

Just be careful out there:
https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm277152.htm

(I’d heard of this before, both when my wife was pregnant and after I started treatment for hypertension, but now the FDA’s saying it)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.