The $30 shot that comes with a slap in the face

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/21/the-30-shot-that-comes-with-a-slap-in-the-face.html

6 Likes

There was a shots & face slaps game in Bodies Bodies Bodies and I thought ok I guess this is a thing? With the youths?

2 Likes

Or maybe a thing cooked up by by someone who made that film? TV show? to show how “irrational” the youths are? See also, many of the depictions of punks from the late 70s and right through to the 1990s…

2 Likes

What. The. Actual. Fuck???

Feel Bad Cruel World GIF by Raid Shadow Legends

4 Likes

Video for context:

Edit: I missed the link to the video in the original post. I’ll leave this anyway.

2 Likes

Leave this to the pros:

8 Likes

Pricing is whack. I’ve been to many martial arts classes that offer a full body pummeling by a highly trained individual, and prices range from $5 to $20 for 45 minutes to an hour and a half. If you look out and luck out, you can find friendly classes who do it for free.

5 Likes

sounds kind of like a dunkaroo minus the bucket of ice water. if you’ve never had one, it’s hard to describe the experience, but i can attest that it’s hilarious and fun, in its own unique way.

EDIT: i just watched the video (didn’t see the link before posting) and it basically IS a dunkaroo, but the icewater is part of it – it’s thrown on the person, which is easier than dunking your head in a bucket of ice water. but i think the bucket experience would be… more impactful? stronger? shocking? something like that.

1 Like

Some people pay extra for th—, oh wait, I guess they are paying extra for that…

2 Likes

I forget the price of Tango

Or to create another dreary insta-moment that will entertain everyone for …ooohh… 10 seconds?

5 Likes

I dunno, with the right phrase and attitude, a fella could get slapped for free.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Muscle girl bar in japan did it bettet

3 Likes

I guess it’s harmless, albeit weird, fun.
As long as you’re not being served drinks by Thanos, I suppose.

I can’t figure if this is an appropriate place to use the slap emoji.

Sorry, clap emoji…

3 Likes

Face slapping is not uncommon in the kink community, but there’s negotiation involved, being intoxicated during play is unusual (for most of us), and a “warm up” is considered the best approach. It’s also a surprisingly intimate activity, getting up close and personal while it happens, so I just can’t imagine it with some random person like this. Quick “drive by” play including some slapping isn’t uncommon during some events, but those are pre-negotiated with specific people.

I’m not going to yuck anyone’s yum, especially since I try to not be a hypocrite, but there are much better, more satisfying ways to do this. I rank it up there with people that can only admit to same gender desires when drunk.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Yeah, I was gonna say, the getting slapped part is the only part that I can partially see the appeal of (though not by a stranger). The getting doused in cold water, having to drink from a glass held in another human’s mouth and losing $30, not so much.

2 Likes

Of course my ears perk up at the mention of cave diving, so I can offer that it’s a totally chill experience where you can explore interesting underground spaces while feeling free of gravity’s constraints.

While you do this as part of a team, for the most part you are enjoying it silently, wholly focused in the present, and without distraction, relying on your skills and training.

Pretty much the polar opposite of being slapped while stupid drunk, but admittedly costing a good deal more than $30.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.