"The Banana Splits" trailer is nightmare fuel

6Xq9ST9

9 Likes

I loved it.

3 Likes

Executive: Hey, this Five Nights at Freddie’s is popular can we do thaT?

Suit: We don’t have the rights.

Executive: What do we have that’s close?

Suit: How about that 50 year old show from Hanna Barbara It’s like nostalgic right?

Executive: Perfect! People over 50 would be into a reboot that is Five Nights at Freddie’s right? We can do it all Stranger Things and make it look nostalgic and cool people love that shit.

Suit: We don’t have the budget to set it in the 70s.

Executive: Fine, Make it.

Me: GAH! My childhood!

9 Likes

I liked it! The spoiler headline prepared me for it, and if that hadn’t, the rating screen for horror and gore might have. And in a nice-Friday-thank-you, it pairs very well with the also-posted-today trailer for Doctor Sleep.

3 Likes
4 Likes

"One banana, two banana, three banana, GORE!!"

16 Likes

It’s cute to think there are executives involved. Warner Bros. probably just has an intern periodically strip mine the old Hanna-Barbera IP.

5 Likes

“Uh oh, Chongo! Danger Island next!” That lo these many years later, is still taking up storage in my brain.

6 Likes

It’s just as I remember it. What’s the problem?

7 Likes

Or…

2 Likes

That trailer was totally bananas, just look at it.

4 Likes

well, this is the Trump timeline so this movie pretty much makes sense.

11 Likes

That and “Hooooold the bus!” are about the only things I remember from the Banana Splits themselves.

2 Likes

So basically, one guy got an idea for a College Humor video, and then two other guys said, “Wait! Let’s invest millions of dollars in production and distribution!”

7 Likes

I think they might have actually had, briefly, the rights to a FNaF movie. So it seems like it went:
“Oh no, I wrote a FNAF script, but the company sold on the rights!”
“Well, we do have the ‘Banana Splits’ rights…”

Rather transparently, too.

5 Likes

A ‘movie’ gets shown on a big screen in a big room with lots of seated people.

A ‘video’ goes straight to streaming/disc.

We get videos shot in town all the time for Lifetime Channel and such. Politely called movies by the locals… but no.

1 Like

a TV movie is still a movie even it the viewers are looking at their home screen from the sofa.

6 Likes

I was already feeling woozy today and this sense of déjà vu did not help. Thx!

1 Like

Hence the ‘TV’ qualifier. Norma Jeane Mortenson didn’t go to Hollywood to be seen on TV. She understood.

2 Likes

The theme song is crazy similar to Buffalo Soldier by Bob Marley. There are unsubstantiated rumors of plagiarism, but it’s prolly just coincidence.

5 Likes