The Beach Bum should start a cult -- and not just the midnight movie kind

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/25/the-beach-bum-should-start-a-c.html

2 Likes

After Serenity, I’m going to hard pass on Beach Bum.

2 Likes

Well, there’s already a cult of Moondog (the real Moondog), and it’s a pretty good one.

12 Likes

an America who’s ethos is

Heads-up!

I rather like this, listening to the whole thing. thx!

5 Likes
8 Likes

2nded!

Ok, this is tre magnifique- I was hesitant at first but then I realized I was listening to something unique and wonderous.

This is like a skillful fusion of avant garde classical with jazz tonality. Birds Lament I recognize but sped up. Figures that 1st track was in my very own movie :wink: Far out, man. Will definitely be listening to this entirely

4 Likes

“Get a move on” by Mr. Scruff. Moondog is… interesting. I recall Steve Reich talking about how Philip Glass put him up and they were recording him and Moondog was full of these anti-semitic comments. Not knowing they were all Jewish.

3 Likes

What is happening here.

You know that dream where you’re in a stressful social situation, like school or work, and you realize you are completely naked?

“It’s only a crisis if you give it credit.”

1 Like

While heavy smoking and sleeping around might seem like a philosophically void path to enlightenment, it’s really the only way there in an America who’s ethos is to constantly tell you to want more, buy more, be more.

There’s already a religious organisation devoted to this philosophy:

6 Likes

I saw them both, Serenity was better.

1 Like

This is the Harmony Korine move I would expect him to make age 86, not 46. The person who made Gummo is dead, though if you look very closely you can see a glimmer of his persistent nihilism shining through the dayglo buffoonery.

Holy F’ing Shit! Yikes…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.