The Beatles Cinematic Universe: Four interconnected theatrical Beatles movies coming

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/20/the-beatles-cinematic-universe-four-interconnected-theatrical-beatles-movies-coming.html

3 Likes

The Beatles all played by Muppets and Yoko Ono as the only human or I ain’t watching.

22 Likes

They broke up more than fifty years ago.

Please make it stop.

8 Likes

I think I’ll just let their music do the talking.

Is fifty years the cutoff for movies about anything of cultural significance, or just biopics of musical acts?

Either way, suck it The Mamas and the Papas! You missed your chance! /s

9 Likes

I think about the Beatles about as often as the Roman Empire.

As in I’m interested in music and separately ancient civilisations and not particularly either of them.

Destroy all copies of Amadeus!

6 Likes

Tangent, but I recently found (not that I was looking for ancient relics) on the YouTube a copyright-questionable full-length version of A Hard Day’s Night - not linking just in case. It’s a great sociolinguistic time capsule: they slip very easily into a sort of rumble of insults, mild threats and hostile tonality. My father was from Liverpool (used to walk to school past Strawberry Fields about the same time as they did probably) and recalls this kind of banter (not just male either) which quite shocked my mother in the early 60’s as she was from the south of England where it was very different.

6 Likes

Yeah, yeah, yeah…

5 Likes

Yet they were one of the most important bands of their time.

1 Like

Biographies do tend to come after or later in one’s life.

6 Likes

Yoko’s 91. You may have to settle for AI Yoko.

I would settle for an actor, I won’t settle for “AI” anything.

3 Likes

As the Boomers age, I was hoping we would cool it a bit with the Beatles and similarly Woodstock.

I am however, sadly, starting to embrace nostalgia about the 90’s.

Maybe with this, the Beatles will finally get a break and someone will hear about them.

2 Likes

So?

2 Likes

There is a one in four chance that Timothée Chalamet will be cast as at least one of them. It’s the Chalamet Effect.

1 Like

winona ryder heathers GIF

4 Likes

Ooh, I hope they get the rest of the cast of The French Dispatch to play the fifth Beatles!

Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 07.59.46

1 Like