The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

21 Likes

How progressive. They’ll now start naming the instruments of US imperialism after civil rights figures. Just think how inclusive the next instance of bombing civilians on the other side of the world is going to be.

Or in other words, this but in real life:

15 Likes

“Party of Parents” = anti-prophylaxis party… no fornication without procreation!

However, those words are too big and too truthful for the average fox viewer.

4 Likes

Harvey Milk was a naval officer. This one may make some sense.

14 Likes

And forced to resign when he was seen at a park with another man. Navy oiler Harvey Milk launched in San Diego amid cheers and heartache

12 Likes

Yes, this is pretty widely known

Harvey Milk Foundation:

“ He graduated in 1951 and enlisted in the Navy. He attended Officer Candidate School in Newport, Rhode Island, and subsequently was based in San Diego, where he served as a diving instructor. In 1955, he resigned at the rank of lieutenant junior grade after being officially questioned about his sexual orientation.”

He enlisted in the Navy. He fought government discrimination like that he faced there. There’s no reason LGBT people shouldn’t be honored for their service; just like straight people.

Dr Levine was just made an Admiral. They both accepted these commissions.

13 Likes

I figured you knew. I meant it more as support of your assertion this ship-naming makes more sense than some of the others. Harvey Milk was a gay man pushed out for being gay and TPTB have finally decided that being gay and a solider is not somehow a problem. One of the articles I read said that ship-naming in the navy is used as a signal of the navy’s priorities. So the latest round of names for civil rights activists is a message. A good message, I think.

Another article (AP I think) mentioned that the person who did the champagne bottle was former navy officer Paula M. Neira, clinical program director for the John Hopkins Center for Transgender Health. Another heroic lady along the lines of Dr. Levine. Everything I’ve read about Dr. Levine only confirms her awesomeness.

I find this shift in military culture heartening, even if it is from the top down.

9 Likes

Also…

Her MOMMY!!!

14 Likes

Mommy cute and mommy smart!

That was precious :heart:

7 Likes

“I call it basically starving for voting rights,” Madison said on his SiriusXM program this morning. “And that began on this date. And I repeat just as food is necessary to sustain life, the right to vote is necessary to sustain democracy. Yes, my life matters. My health matters, but our right to vote matters more.”

12 Likes

You Are Right Taika Waititi GIF by IMDb

11 Likes

Determined to loose 24.

10 Likes

It’s all thanks to fucking Biogen and their shitty Alzheimer’s drug. The one that they needed to get approved to stay in business as a company. The one that follows the amyloid hypothesis that has been a graveyard for potential Alzheimer’s drugs for decades. The drug that was rejected 10-1 by the advisory committee before getting overridden by the powers that be. What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/aducanumab-approval

https://www.science.org/content/blog-post/alzheimer-s-update-more-disarray

10 Likes

This was beat to death on BB when the approval went through, with bankrupting Medicare being at the top of the worries. As well as the sneaking suspicion that this was the whole idea. Conspiracy theories abound, but this one sounds pretty damned spot on.

10 Likes

trap

4 Likes
14 Likes

Angry About Time GIF by Amazon Prime Video

8 Likes

And they should have had a big ceremony or something. Show people what you’re doing for them’

Whoever does their PR is screwing up.

12 Likes

How about the states whose reps voted against it not receive one fucking penny?

7 Likes

I think the DOE is waiting until they either force fedloan into compliance or fedloan’s contract expires. Fedloan is refusing to administer the forgiveness program with the changes because, they claim, the DOE hasn’t provided instructions. Many hundreds of borrowers tried to get their loans forgiven, only to be denied because fedloan is using the old rules. The notices on the fedloan website are downright petulant.
The DOE appears to be doing everything they can, but fedloan is dragging their feet and obstructing at every turn. Which is totally on brand for them. I’ve received several e-mails from the DOE respectfully asking for patience.
Link for NPR article about feoan being assholes

5 Likes