The bogus Satanic Panic is returning. Here's a look at the original purveyors of myth — Chick Tracts

They’re both owned by the same company nowadays.

Yes, for more than twenty years. But they are different games, and that comment sounds confused at best.

1 Like

I thought that the comment was about the company and all of its products in general. After all, WotC has faced a lot of allegations about toxic workplaces and harassment in the past. However, it does indeed appear on second readthrough that the comment is suggesting something a bit more…preternatural.

Super :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:grin:

2 Likes

The more I read the comment, the less sense it makes but I can’t stop reading it…

It’s like a… like a ritual.

7 Likes

If you are going to keep reading it perhaps put those candles out.

:grimacing:

8 Likes

Counterpoint: rituals only have meaning if you believe in them. Also, as others have asked, WTF are you on about?

3 Likes

I’m curious, too. Whichever “cards” they’re talking about, it’s as if the game is getting the “he who shall not be named” treatment. Saying the name gives it more power!!!
:unamused:

3 Likes

Cards

Maybe they were thinking of the Chick Tracts, which were actually more like little booklets than cards? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

So the Chick Tracts are Satanic?!?!?!?

6 Likes

And There It Is Told You So GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better

6 Likes

Aw, we are all so fucked!!

4 Likes

A few years ago, an evangelical in Dublin pressed a Chick Tract into my hand. When I realised what happened I was overjoyed because I love that sort of weird shit. He thought he’d made a connection but my wife tried to explain that it wasn’t like that as we walked away. It was This Was Your Life, instead of one of the really out there ones, sadly.

I’ve been trying to track down a parody one that changed the dialogue to be all about Industrial music and elitism in fan circles, but I can never find it in the archives of Chick parodies…

2 Likes

Or maybe the Deck of Many Things, aka. “this thing ends campaigns”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.