The Chicago airport cops who beat David Dao unconscious totally lied about it on their report

He is wrong. He disobeyed an order from a police officer. You can debate the fairness of the issue that required his removal. But you do that after complying with the officers.

No. It is relevant. ABC published it. The hated MSM. So it must be relevant.

I understand that falling down the stairs and walking into doors used to be excuses used to explain injuries that had happened in British prisons as well.

I don’t have a recording of Scum available, but i seem to remember it being used in the film. It’s been a long time since I saw it though.

3 Likes

Just a moment ago you were arguing he was obviously in the wrong because he had a shady past. Now you’re arguing something different. With the number of different arguments you’ve tried and the number of times you’ve contradicted yourself, it seems a bit like you’re just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Which in turn makes it seem like your convictions on this subject aren’t well-founded. But we already knew that.

3 Likes

OBVIOUSLY, we come at this from two different viewpoints. I believe that you comply and fight back through legal or procedural venues.

I have also disobeyed an order from a police officer, because that officer was wrong. And like Dr Dao, I pointed out why they were wrong and why I was not following their order. But because I’m a white guy and not on an airplane, they listened to me, understood my point, and the situation was resolved without my face being slammed into an airline seat hard enough to knock out my teeth and cause a concussion.

Unless you think disagreeing with someone is permission for them to hurt you violently, I’m not sure what your point is, beyond trying to irritate people for fun.

9 Likes

Good for you. So all white guys get away with disobeying an order from a police officer?

1 Like

I didn’t say that. But thank you for confirming my voiced suspicions.

5 Likes

Jack, have you considered the possibility that the reason we have seen a rise in police abuse, violence, militarization and corruption may be due to the populace immediately deferring to authority even when that authority is unlawful and criminal in nature?
In other words, I think people like you are not just part of the problem but the actual problem itself.

8 Likes

I believe that there are several situations under which non-compliance is justified. This isn’t one of them.

Why isn’t it? The order was unlawful and no citizen is under any obligation to follow an unlawful order.

5 Likes

Ahhh… a jailhouse attorney you are. At that point in time nobody knew if it was lawful. The employees were following the procedures put in place by the airline. As I keep saying… he should have complied, gotten off of the plane , and then pursued a claim via the courts.

They use forcefully dragged resulting in personal injury, which is just a more “neutral” way to say the same thing. It actually make more sense to say forcefully subdued and dragged because dragged already means “forcefully pulled,” but you cannot say “subdued” about police without it meaning the officer killed the shit out of that person. So maybe instead of caring about the meaning of words you should care about the PC race to the bottom to soften language about violence instead of headline that is more accurate than the “correct” language used by lawyers.

1 Like

And you must be psychic if you know what people knew at that time?
You are arguing ignorance of the law as a justification for committing a criminal act, namely the illegal removal and subsequent physical and emotional abuse towards the victim. Our courts have long rejected that line of reasoning so we could just reject your argument out of hand.
But, instead all we have to do is assume that this passenger was aware of the law and refused to leave. I am aware of the law and know they cannot remove me once seated except in a very few limited circumstances so why would you assume that this man stood his ground for no real reason? You also must assume the police do not know the law, the flight attendants, people on the plane. You are arguing no one knew this was wrong which begs the question… if no one knew it was wrong, why did they take video of it?
I’m sorry but in order for me to agree with you I have to assume ignorance of the law on the part of everyone involved in this incident which strikes me as a big stretch. Even if I did so, as I stated earlier, ignorance of the law is not a valid defense.

4 Likes

Really? This is your standard for judging right from wrong?

Says the guy whose standard for moral culpability is something unrelated from 15 years earlier.

1 Like

Given his lame response to this post, you can leave it at that.

[ETA: I see below he’s blaming @doctorow for flagging his comments. He understands neither how the flagging system works (hint: it’s not the top-down system an authoritarian would assume it to be) nor Cory’s well-known indifference to participating in the comment threads.]

2 Likes

Adios wysinwyg… seems as if Cory has flagged most of my comments. Including the first one. And probably this one too.

Sure, why not? The general consensus of the people is an excellent measure of right and wrong in a democratic society. But really your question is a bit of a red herring isn’t it? Surely you read the sentences before and after that bit you quoted where I clearly stated that begging ignorance is not a justification for committing a crime.
I do hope you haven’t invested too much in your argument of feigned incredulity as it doesn’t really seem to help your position.

3 Likes

@Jack_Kado is on vacation after doubling down on his thread derailing.

10 Likes