The Church of the Subgenius's Salvation Pack is the best $35 I ever spent

Supposedly it’s named after the two founders, Dennis Allison and Bob Albrecht, but maybe that’s just what they want you to think. Fnord. Oh, wait, I guess that’s from Discordianism, not Subgenius.

4 Likes

I saw Robert Anton Wilson praise “Bob” one time. It’s all the same (albeit different in unimaginably important ways)

4 Likes

So what happened when the Xists did not arrive on schedule?

It would be fun to have dueling premillennial and postmillennial sects of SubGenii…

2 Likes

Oh, sure, no question. I mean, many of us popes and episkopi have paid the CoSG, because it’s all the same. Our little spats are for fun, and to get people’s attention.

Besides, your name does somehow suggest that “Bob” is an evil spud. Just sayin’. :mage:

3 Likes

Fun fact, my actual real-life name is C.R. “Bob” Hobbs

3 Likes

Who says they won’t arrive on schedule? One theory is that “Bob” was looking at his notes upside down, and that they’re not due until 8661. Another is that our calendars got all fucked up and really it’s just not 1998 yet.

5 Likes

Fun fact, Pennsylvania has self-uniting marriage licenses–no “official” officiant needed. Get one of those and ask your favorite Sub Genius to lead whatever ceremony you want.

3 Likes

…Kids these days, can’t even spell ““Bob”” correctly.

2 Likes

Praise “Bob”! Inhale Connie!

I must profess that I too am an ordained minister in the Church of the Sub Genius and on those rare occasions of officiating at some bacchanalian debauch I operate under my auspicious monicker of Teh Reverend Shabby Haze. Huzzah! Let there be Slack.

3 Likes

The way I like to characterize them is, The Church of the Subgenius is a complicated joke disguised as a religion, while Discordianism is a religion disguised as a complicated joke.

5 Likes

Triple your money back if it isn’t :wink:

3 Likes

This has a lot of the same stuff I got when I sent in for my SubGenius credentials 35 years ago. I paid $25 for it ($60 in today’s money) so Cory got a good deal. I was making $24,500 a year as a mechanical engineer for Memorex at the time.

6 Likes

I think of it as a religion disguised as a joke disguised as a religion and a joke disguised as a religion disguised as a joke.

5 Likes

the Rev. Dktr. HP. Hunnybear is always glad to find another happy yeti mutant.

3 Likes

I’ve heard Stang use both that, and “It’s a joke you can believe in.”, which is my alignment to the Co$, “Bob”, and in particular the HOLY PIPE. Even stitching pipes into my fire sword to bring to Burning Man/regionals this year.

Though my particular schism, The Church of the Skrambled Slack (still dues paying to the mother church for our spots on the motherships, ofc) is a syncretic blend of COS, TST-flavor Satanism, and Discordianism. Working on our sigil/logo now, but it will include a puppet, something baphomet-y, a golden apple, and the HOLY PIPE

3 Likes

I feel I need to increase my slack to offset all the cool stuff you are doing. :wink:

[Marks calendar as busy]
[Crawls under work desk]
[Pulls chair in for added privacy]

2 Likes

If you can spell “Bob” correctly…

…you’re doing it wrong. And right. As long as it gives you slack, amirite?
'Course I am. After all, the fnords are on my side.

3 Likes

I got my Subgenius kit last fall, and it really cheered me up. The news was bringing me down at the time.

I must’ve read the Subgenius Prayer the wrong way, however, because then I took the Stark Fist of Removal straight to the face the next day, and wound up in the ER.

2 Likes

But how will I know?

You’ll know if you aren’t saved, or if they kick you out after you’ve been saved when they get tired of you.