The dangerous, exploitative, and dirty business of "healing" crystals

I use healing crystals all the time. Dissolved in some vegetable juice, they are the perfect counter to a low blood-pressure episode.

NaCl crystals, aka salt, which your average V8 and such is packed with. For those of you who missed the snark. Yes, it is a good counter to low BP, and better for you than potato chips or French fries. And easy to keep on hand.

16 Likes

Crystals do have wonderful healing properties, but only if you use the locally-sourced, non-GMO variety. Any other kind are as useless as a bunch of rocks.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I don’t stay it the tub that long!

Much as I may want to.

6 Likes

Shungite

I can’t read that without seeing “Suge Knight”. Something definitely not known for its healing powers.

2 Likes
3 Likes

V8

I’ve never particularly liked V8. Every year or so I give it another chance - you know, because of its, “only 30 calories, one full servings of vegetables and a good source of vitamins A & C” and all.

I grab a can and try it, and… Nope.

I can at least tolerate it if I chug the whole can as quickly as possible.

It’s been a while, so it might be time to give it another try.

2 Likes

I prefer the Motts Garden Cocktail, myself.

But I am usually just chugging one of those one-shot cans to ward off the “OMG, I am going to pass out.”

6 Likes

Lately I’ve had this weird craving for vegetables for some reason, but the thought of eating a huge salad just doesn’t feel appetizing in the slightest. Maybe a V8 or similar concoction is what I need.

5 Likes

I suppose it could have been, but it looked like actinolite to me.

2 Likes

So these miners are working in unsafe conditions for very little money. I have to believe they do so because it’s the best or only option available to them. They live in utterly impoverished areas. Even if they’re being exploited by sleazy mine bosses, what else can they do to put food on the table?

If money from rich, gullible Goop-swilling idiots helps feed their kids, it’s probably not the worst thing to happen to them.

1 Like

Everywhere I go, from the grocery store to Bed Bath & Beyond, hell, the goddamn gas station, I see shit made from Pink Himalayan salt rocks.

Only in the last 5 years have I ever seen any of this stuff before and somewhere in the Himalayas there is a mountain that is just missing. That stuff is like a gold mine to the white soccer mom wine drinking crowd, and I have no clue why.

Why do people buy into this nonsensical crap?

4 Likes

That’s funny. I heard that sticking a crystal up your butt helps align your ass-crack.

5 Likes

It helps, yes- helps create massive rectal bleeding.

If you’re into bleeding uncontrollably from your ass, go for it- its all natural, non GMO certified, and vegan too

:rofl:

I don’t believe in healing crystals at all, but now I’m rethinking my (already tentative) concept of owning a mineral collection. Of course, the first nail in the coffin was the thought of having to painstakingly pack and carry a bunch of fragile, heavy rocks any time I need to move…

1 Like

What’s up with all these crystals curing “imbalances (of the right and left side) of the body”? What is that exactly? I’ll get it that stupid/desperate people believe in made-up healing powers for their illnesses but if the illnesses are made-up too we get in “totally crazy” territory.

Btw Silicosis is no joke. My uncle, a former miner, died recently because of it. It wasn’t pretty.

5 Likes

Whats even more galling (to me) is that it’s sold in lots and lots of ‘organic’/‘eco’ shops. The people you want to pay more attention to the bad stuff their supply chain does.

3 Likes

If there was a tiger on Tuesday, it must have been because I was pointing the crystal in the wrong direction – not because the crystal doesn’t work. Of course it works. There are no tigers here now.

5 Likes

I use potassium alum crystals to heal small cuts I get when I shave. works great!

4 Likes

Try the spicy kind.

With vodka.

4 Likes