The dangerous, exploitative, and dirty business of "healing" crystals

The belief that suffering inflicted by unjust, profit driven society is “karmic debt”, “life lesson” or own choice is really just victim blaming. I think that people believe that stuff to silence their conscience and guilt - it’s easier to believe that fiction than to see things as they really are.

5 Likes

Free Range Rocks: 100% Organic

4 Likes

While I doubt that, it could be pleasant and relaxing experience anyway, especially with artisanal crystals handmade just for that purpose:
(warning: NSFW Etsy link)

3 Likes

29j7av

4 Likes

My collection is kept in an old sewing box, I open it when I want to look at the shinies, and close it up again. It helps keep the dust at bay, and it slightly easier to move.
Try to get the smaller stuff as much as possible, and possibly find yourself a fancy magnifying glass ?

2 Likes

Worcestershire sauce!

And, if you choose vodka, a splash of sherry, some drops of tabasco, black pepper and celery salt.

Under no circumstances break into it a raw egg.

1 Like

I think you had a typo in there. It’s ‘chakrass’.

2 Likes

I’m sure that once people hear about how bad crystal mining is, this fad will go the way of “diamonds” which we once erroneously believed had something to do with the “power of love”, and used to pay ridiculously inflated sums for.

5 Likes

I sadly have friends that believe in this shit… they also think vaccines are poison but had no qualms in using or peddling Botox. SMH.

3 Likes

Referred to as the purest salt in the world

WTF. Pure salt is not pink. Pure salt is white. Himalayan pink salt is pink because it is contaminated.

13 Likes

Crystals will never match the power of a good Orgone generator.

8 Likes

Say what you will about quartz and tourmaline, etc., but crystal meth definitely has an effect, a powerful effect.

3 Likes

Here’s an idea from Clannad:

1 Like

…and now I’ll have this Kate Bush tune stuck in my head today:

3 Likes

Oh man, all the folks I know who paid good money for stone hewn dice have either chipped tables, chipped dice, or both.

Believe me, my credit card has trembled at the thought!

3 Likes

It is the money from the rich, gullible, Goop-swilling idiots that enable the mine bosses to exploit the miners. There are other ways to help impoverished areas; giving money to sleazy mine bosses is near the bottom of the list.

4 Likes

ooooo! Donald Sutherland?

1 Like

Are you sending your money to these impoverished areas? Is it a sustainable source of income for them? And even if you are, how do you know if local warlords or corrupt officials aren’t keeping the aid for themselves, or redistributing food packets only to loyalists to maintain control over the local populace?

Right now, today, these people have very little choice. Typical choices include working in unsafe conditions for a pittance, stealing, joining a warlord’s gang, or starvation. They can’t go get a McJob at the local store, because there are none. And their kids are hungry today.

Until such time arrives that poverty is ended, government corruption is ended, workers have enforced health and safety regulations, and the area is flush with legitimate economic opportunities, digging magic rocks to get money from Western morons looks like their best choice, not the worst.

1 Like

(This song came out in 2001!!!)

3 Likes

There are much worse songs to be stuck in your head…

2 Likes