The delicious sounds of Roy Ayers

Originally published at: The delicious sounds of Roy Ayers | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Agree 100%. I can’t get enough of groovy songs either. I love when the groove kicks in and you just start ‘Feelin it’. Basslines are the heartbeat of a song. Thanks for posting!

2 Likes

Now you know why everyone walking down the street in the 70’s was bopping their head to that bass-line playing their head.

Take a listen…

2 Likes

Here’s “Running Away” sans interrupting commentary.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s not what i’m supposed to notice but that guy really looks like he has dreads or long hair, solely because of the dark sweatshirt on the wall behind him (or that’s his bass behind him?). Now that’s all I can see–the moments when it lines up and looks like long hair, and the moments when he moves and it’s clear not long hair

edit: now i’m kind of obsessed to know what is behind him. An upright in a case? Or two basses in their cases? Maybe one is in a hard case, the other in a gig bag, both leaned into the corner?

1 Like
2 Likes

His tiny concert on NPR introduced me to this incredible musician and man, it was like finding a missing piece of your soul in the floor. (Also the keyboardist grooves are amazing too!)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.