The Facepalm

Yeah, lots of rich people must be saying, “What the hell? That’s the part you’re not supposed to say out loud!”

7 Likes
9 Likes

A Butler County judge has ruled in favor of a woman who sued to force a hospital to treat her husband with Ivermectin — an anti-parasitic drug that federal regulators have warned against using in COVID-19 patients.

ETA for clarity that the judge ordered the hospital to administer a drug demanded by a patient.

So, doctors here, this seems weird, quite apart from the Ivermectin angle.

4 Likes

Decision reversed.

14 Likes

More of a WTF because . . . well, WTeverlastingF?

5 Likes

No mention in the article of BoingBoing BBS accounts… possibly only a matter of time… :thinking:

Need to change my login…

3 Likes
7 Likes

A school employee in Oregon has been placed on leave after showing up to work in blackface

7 Likes

Made a reservation at a camping/cabin area for an event on Halloween weekend. During booking they kept asking weird questions, including “are you a single male.” I realized then that it was a clothing-optional resort. SMH.

7 Likes

Erm…oh!

So will you still go?

5 Likes

Well, I need to be in that town for the weekend, and it might be the only place to stay, cheaply. The nearest hotel is 20 miles, and twice the price. So, maybe.

6 Likes

When they say ‘clothing optional’, how optional do they actually mean? If you keep to yourself, can you just go about your business?

4 Likes

In a couple areas, it’s no-clothing except pre-approved things to cover scarring, etc. In other areas, it’s up to you. Also, their idea of “go about your business” seems to be “go about your business naked.”

4 Likes

Make sure you get a detailed map!

4 Likes

This is interesting. In Japan, because of the onsens and such, there are times when one is naked in front of strangers. After my cancer surgeries, the next time I was in Japan I checked to see how they felt about scars, and was informed that no one would notice or care. But, being from a different culture, I found it hard to expose the scars. Culture can be a type of cage.

5 Likes

WTEF?

4 Likes

And then there was this…

Steele, who has been employed at ESPN for about 15 years, also said she has rejected requests from aspiring female sports reporters who present themselves in what she sees as an overly sexualized manner, according to the Post.
“So when you dress like that, I’m not saying you deserve the gross comments, but you know what you’re doing when you’re putting that outfit on, too,” Steele said. “Like, women are smart, so don’t play coy and put it all on the guys.”

Frustrated Star Trek GIF

7 Likes

No doubt when she loses her job she won’t “put it all on ESPN,” instead acknowledging her own role in getting herself fired.

Heh, just kidding.

6 Likes

The Root has an update!!!

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

9 Likes
7 Likes