The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

As a male myself I’ve said that I’m pro-choice by default; I’ll never have to worry about getting pregnant, I’ll never understand what it means to be pregnant, so I can’t make decisions for any woman. Yes, that’s oversimplifying, not least because being able to get pregnant doesn’t mean one woman should have the power to tell another what to do.

But, unfortunately, we live in a male-dominated world and that means I have to do more than just get the hell out of the way because doing nothing is only going to help perpetuate the status quo. At the same time women are under enough stress without yet another man, even one with good intentions, asking, “What can I do?”

At least one thing I’ve been able to think of is, since visibility and numbers matter, I can stand next to the brave women who are out there saying what they need is a world that respects them and gives them bodily autonomy with a sign that says, “Listen to them.”

29 Likes
9 Likes

Watch for more of this shit:

At a news conference in St. Louis Tuesday, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson was unclear on whether people should be worried about access to birth control. He said the health department was in the process of clarifying the law.

Angry Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

23 Likes
15 Likes

This is from 2019. The lawsuit was dismissed because the FDA didn’t follow up its nasty-gram with any further action against Aid Access.

Now, of course, everything looks vastly different. How much longer will the FDA, the USPS postal inspectors, etc. allow medication abortion drugs to go through the mail?

19 Likes

Just read something (unverifiable FB post, unfortunately) about a woman with a critically life threatening issue nearly bleeding out in the ER because her doctor, the chief of medicine, and a half dozen other people who should have been helping her were busy for several hours on a conference call with the hospital’s legal team trying to determine their liability if they provided care under the trigger law which had just gone into effect.

22 Likes
22 Likes

And the consequences of this terrible decision just keep rolling in

Fuck

18 Likes
27 Likes

Damn straight, thanks.

So many people throwing up their hands now, throwing in the towel, etc. On this bbs too (“Oh how the Dems suck, we’re all doomed, blah blah blah”).

Lots of rights are being taken back now, but fighting like Hell is what got us those rights in the first place.

24 Likes

Fuck yes; more of this.

18 Likes

You should cross-post this here:

19 Likes

Done!

15 Likes
22 Likes

Already hearing that there are pharmacies here refusing to fill methotrexate prescriptions, reasoning that “they could be used as abortifacients.” MTX is also used to treat a number of autoimmune diseases and to treat cancer, FFS. And there has been no change in abortion law in VA! Fucking exhausting.

My head is a battlefield
And here the good are losing
My heart is a graveyard
Where I lie going crazy

Seconds turn to hours
Hours turn to years
Will I find my way back home
Or stay in this vertigo

22 Likes

My friend takes that for psoriasis.

19 Likes
7 Likes

Fucking Christ. If Plan B cured erectile dysfunction, it would be available at ATM’s.

17 Likes
13 Likes

39 Likes