The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

Well, then they would have to safely dispose of their current supply. In a clearly labeled container. In the lobby. Maybe with a few signs all over the hospital to make sure people knew NOT *wink to take any, especially if they might need it…

11 Likes

Dealers would be spamming your email accounts with ads for

“p1an 8e” at any rate.

7 Likes
14 Likes

That’s more or less the tack I took with a Mormon co-worker many years ago, although I went a touch further, saying I didn’t even deserve to have an opinion on the matter, being a guy and all. I enjoyed his obviously barely restrained anger, as did his trapped (and smiling) cubicle-mate.

13 Likes

My BFF, who started her own business selling tea and herbs, has shared a list of natural abortifacients:

• Bitter Melon
  • Mother’s Wort
  • Black Cohosh
  • Parsley
  • Lychee/Longan Berry
  • Passionflower
  • Elderflower
  • Red Clover
  • Mugwort
  • Anise
  • Peppermint Oil
  • Rosemary Oil
  • Raspberry Leaf

She recommends a combination of any of the five ingredients listed above.

*Edited to correct one of the listed ingredients.

21 Likes

Interesting she left off parsley. It does require pretty significant quantity, but easily accessible.
And 5 of her ingredients are currently in my garden. Convenient, that.

26 Likes

She didn’t; I missed it when I typed each one out.

Thanks Doc, and if you have any additional advice on natural remedies, please don’t hesitate to share.

23 Likes

Vegan salad bars could do a Special quite innocently.

Or is that literally small measures as tea?

16 Likes

Whatever it takes.

We have only just begun to fight.

17 Likes

Yup, there it was. Didn’t notice. I intentionally grow a pretty wide range of medicinal herbs and plants, because one never knows. I have never considered having to know how to provide abortifacients, but well, here we are. I will throw this out. When searching, looking for emmenogogues, or “herbs for delayed menstruation,” will get you where you want to be. Herbalists learned a long time ago to be not quite so obvious.

26 Likes

Thanks, Doc.

Wise folks.

Also it should be noted that folks should be careful when utilizing the above emmenagogues; just like all other substances too much can have negative health effects.

https://www.herbalgram.org/resources/herbalgram/issues/45/table-of-contents/article763/

23 Likes

For instance, that article starts with pennyroyal, but pennyroyal is notable for causing liver damage. Without a good understanding of dosage I would stay well away from that one.

18 Likes

Common issue with herbals. The plant material is by nature not standardized. Any compound that has an effect, has a probably undesirable side effect. And the nature of natural materials is uncertainty in concentrations. Pharma has a well earned bad rep, but that predictability is a big part of why we can maximize effect and minimize toward events. Anyone playing with herbals needs a full understanding of what could happen. Parsley can cause kidney damage, passionflower tips are a moderately potent sedative, elderblossoms commonly cause allergic reactions. And so on. And this is before you get into the heavy hitters like foxglove and poppy. Education is key.

23 Likes

This should be on a t-shirt. The list of herbs, no explanation.

15 Likes

It is.

She makes silk screened tee shirts too.

22 Likes

16 Likes

I was thinking about my “education is key” comment. If you can lay hands on a copy of The German Commision E Monographs, that is probably the best, most accurate, to the point and woo-free resource out there for basic, clinical info. 1998, so a little dated, but plants don’t change much. The info is basic, so if you are a @chenille level researcher, you need something better, but for usage guides, this is very good. And, as a physical book, no digital footprint, if that is of concern.

18 Likes

https://www.herbalgram.org/resources/commission-e-monographs/
(Need a basic membership)

And internet archive as well.

If concerned about digital footprint, it’s widely available at many university libraries. (University libraries might also have access to the e-version above.)

ETA: Also in print without the word “German” in the title, as an e-book. Could already be copies floating around out there.

16 Likes

If a digital footprint is not a concern, it looks like the book is available to borrow from the Internet Archive.

16 Likes

slight correction to note: the lychee-type berry is not a loganberry. as it is written on the sheet it is correct as longan, a Chinese grape-like berry with a tough outer skin and sweet fruit flesh inside surrounding a single large seed. longan loosely translates as dragon’s eye and is very similar to the lychee.
i cannot attest to its proclaimed use as an abortifactant, but they are tasty!

ETA: apologies as this pedantic digression does nothing to further the important discussion of this topic.

10 Likes