The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

This is great.
If you’re talking with her again about this, or @docosc maybe you know - I was researching Queen Anne’s lace a few years ago and the seeds can be used similar to caraway seeds for spiced cakes and such, but I read warnings not to feed it to pregnant people because it’d been shown to cause abortions in pregnant mice. As far as I could tell, no research with humans.
I’m wondering if those seeds are another one to add to the mix of herbs…

16 Likes

10 states currently have no exceptions for rape or incest in their forced-birth laws. This passage from the linked article explaining why Louisiana isn’t adding exceptions illustrates the sociopathic nature of the current political process:

Attacking an opponent for requiring a rape victim or a child to carry a pregnancy full term, certainly would be wedge issue, perhaps even successful in some districts. But campaigns call for simple messaging, not nuanced discussions. “That’s always been my advice: say you’re pro-life and move on,” Fletcher said.

If pointing out a politician is forcing victims to have their rapists’ children is too nuanced, then holy fuck it’s time for revolutionary change, because that is a “democracy” that is beyond broken

25 Likes
19 Likes
28 Likes

Weird, the tweet appears to be deleted.
I wonder what caused that…

ETA - that tweet is gone, but they put up a thread with the longer story:

21 Likes

Then don’t have one, Pope!

16 Likes

stripes lighten GIF

17 Likes

With abortion being illegal, it’s time to ramp up the for-profit adoption industry again! The two go hand-in-hand, and cause a lifetime of untold suffering for both parent and child.

21 Likes
22 Likes
21 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

20 Likes

At least you’re self aware, and coming from a place of genuinely wanting to help (as opposed to all the members here who just want to look like ‘the smartest guy in the room’, even as they suck up all the oxygen in it…)

15 Likes

Holy shit, yet another implication I had not considered. This just emphasizes that these fucking laws utterly dehumanize a pregnant person and consider them only as a nonhuman incubator of an actual human. They could not possibly be more open about their disregard for human life, yet still get away with calling themselves “pro-life.” How much more Orwellian can you get?

25 Likes

I really don’t want to find out.

25 Likes

That’s true. There seems to be no depth at which these jerks will stop digging.

19 Likes

Relevant:

“Your fertility is not your value.”

25 Likes

Consumer Reports’ digital lab evaluated eight period-tracking apps this spring and found that four allowed third-party tracking by companies other than the maker of the app. Four apps stored data remotely, not just on the user’s device. That makes the information potentially subject to a data breach or a subpoena from law enforcement agencies, though one of the companies surveyed by Consumer Reports has said it would shut down rather than turn over users’ data.

Since the court’s decision overturning Roe, some period-tracking apps have taken steps to minimize the risk of personal information being shared. One such company called Flo said it is developing an “anonymous mode” that would not require users to provide their name or email address.

“Flo does not share or sell any health data with any other company, but wanted to take this additional step to reassure users who are living in states affected by an abortion ban,” the company said in a press release. “It is important to note that once this mode is activated, users will no longer be able to recover data when the device is lost, changed, or stolen and there may be limitations to using the app’s full personalization benefits. This is why Flo is offering Anonymous Mode as an option for concerned users instead of activating it by default.”

In a statement after the Supreme Court decision, the digital civil liberties group Electronic Frontier Foundation said consumers should pay attention to “privacy settings on the services they use, turn off location services on apps that don’t need them, and use encrypted messaging services.

14 Likes

Evers said late Friday that he will not appoint district attorneys who would enforce the ban and will use his clemency powers to free anyone jailed under the ban

Nice to see a dem politician do something other than ask for votes. I didn’t think Evers had it in him.

Please GIF

29 Likes

Alabama abortion support fund has temporarily paused operations.

13 Likes

Can’t ‘like’ that, but thanks for the info.

21 Likes