The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

Life Of Brian GIF by Monty Python

The perks of living in Gilead…

9 Likes

Again, there are 8 BILLION PEOPLE on this planet… do people not grok that?

10 Likes

It’s not exclusively 8 billion+ cis-het, able bodied WHITE people, though…

:rage:

And that’s why they are afraid and angry.

15 Likes

Exactly… and I wish that the media would pull that strain out a bit more when it comes specifically to this pearl clutching over birth rates… Some have discussed the racism of the Great Replacement theory bullshit, but the same needs to be done over this whole argument about births. It’s patently racist. The reality is that some white people believe that the violence and horrors they spent centuries visiting upon the global south are going to be visited upon them, if the global south is more empowered. It’s bullshit, as I don’t think most people are interested in revenge, but merely in equity and maybe compensation for past wrongs.

17 Likes

Again:

Such folks are very lucky that POC (not just Black people have been fucked over by US white supremacy) are not actively seeking vengeance.

15 Likes

As for the worries about supporting pension systems and having care-givers for an aging population, there’s an obvious answer that right-wing bigots won’t consider: easier paths to immigration (which would also reduce chaos at the border).

14 Likes

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

point pointing GIF by Shalita Grant

Japan is finally thinking about that, and trying to overcome their xenophobia to bring in more, younger workers…

12 Likes

Of course, a lot of white folks see this as violence which is being imposed upon them.

14 Likes

That word; it does NOT mean what they want it to mean.

14 Likes

Even then, there are far more white people alive today than there were in the long centuries before, so they are in no danger of going extinct unless they decide they have to fight everyone else to the death. Maybe they could stop doing that. :angry:

17 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

It’s almost like they didn’t want the public to be able vote on their extremely popular positions. :thinking:

17 Likes
9 Likes

Just like pre-Roe. Abortions were much more common when they were illegal in many states.

13 Likes
15 Likes

The Aristocrats!

11 Likes

And this isn’t a theoretical concern – we’ve seen it before! The US made it illegal via a Constitutional amendment to make and/or sell alcohol back in the 1920s and early 1930s. Did that prevent people from making and/or selling alcohol? No. They made bathtub gin, moonshine, etc. The Mafia ran speakeasies.

So if the anti-abortion crowd succeeds, they’re not going to stop abortions from happening. They’re merely going to force women to not have the procedure performed in Dr. Hibbert’s nice, clean, sanitary office but in Dr. Nick’s back alley medical clinic & appliance repair store. [Its slogan is “We fix both your liver and your lawn mower!”]

8 Likes

Also, one doesn’t need to the Abolition movement to make comparisons. Back alley abortions were a thing prior to Roe.

ETA: Okay, leaving the word “Abolition” even though I meant to write “Prohibition” because I feel shame. :face_with_diagonal_mouth: Need to proof better and stop writing while working.

12 Likes

It’s about damned time. I wish the AG had been admonished or something for ruining this doctor’s life and filing such a frivolous lawsuit

14 Likes
12 Likes