The final trailer for Avengers: Infinity War is upon us

That is my NUMBER ONE QUESTION after watching it. I’m waiting for my comic-book-geek roommates to come home and explain Voldemort Dude’s backstory, which I’m sure they already know.

My guess is “readily dispensable cool looking bad guy”, but we’ll see.

I mean, he’s not wrong.

3 Likes

Oh wait, I have an answer for you. His name is Ebony Maw (!) and he’s a member of Thanos’ Black Order.

4 Likes

By the power of chutzpah!

10 Likes

Nice one! iO9 has a pretty thorough breakdown of the trailer here: https://io9.gizmodo.com/everything-we-learned-about-the-avengers-fight-against-1823834309

1 Like

I will. 

3 Likes

The quality of the movies vary, but I thought this was a really interesting project, unprecedented in entertainment. All these separate movies with their own tones and stories, all taking place in the same universe. It is hard to see how they can make one movie with every single one of these characters in it and not have it be a complete mess, but because they have their own backstories and personalities already, it eliminates the need to establish the characters, at least. And it’s been going on for years now, and I can’t remember everyone and everything that happened. I found the smaller version of this that they did on Netflix fairly entertaining, as well.

Thanos?

Wasn’t that the DNA testing company?

2 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

It’s squirrels, lots and lots of squirrels

2 Likes

Squirrels are much more dangerous than most people give them credit for…

3 Likes

Well thank you for taking the time to write about how disappointed you are in us. I’m sure your efforts to derail this topic will receive exactly the level of attention they deserve.

5 Likes

I’m disappointed in the level of disappointment in the original disappointment. It’s truly disappointing.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Well put.

1 Like

‘It’s going to be messy’: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ stars promise crying in the theatre

In the theatre, and not as you leave? Hmm. But somehow I doubt they’re really going to kill off anyone important. (Like dead, dead-dead, no rebirth, no reboot, no parallel world, no substitution ju-jitsu. F’ing DEAD, end-of-story.)

So it just won’t have the emotional impact of this story:

“He’s dead, Dave, everybody is dead, everybody is dead, Dave.”

1 Like

I’d like to make an appointment to express my disappointment with the ‘express’ disappointment expression appointment expediting.

2 Likes

Aw jeez…

1 Like