The Flintstones meet the Roman Empire, starring Dom DeLuise

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/20/the-flintstones-meet-the-roman.html

2 Likes

Dom speaks for all the classicists out there:

8 Likes

I can’t believe I know this, but: Groovia is not the daughter, she’s Happy’s girlfriend, and Happy is the son, not the son-in-law. It is absolutely not the case that I know this because when I was a kid I saw an episode once and thought Groovia was beautiful.

13 Likes

I’ve heard of this (and have seen the short-lived comic book) but had never seen the show, and I can see why it didn’t last long.

2 Likes

So how many episodes did it take for them to make the Martinus joke?

1 Like

I see why it got cancelled.

1 Like

It looks promising.

1 Like

I remember this show. I probably saw it once - as I recall it was terrible. For some reason, I can still remember the words to the first verse of the theme song and how it ends. It pops into my head on occasion for no good reason. I would be happy to remove that memory, but rm -rf romanhollidays.* hasn’t worked.

1 Like

you aren’t broad spectrum enough on your pattern match…
rm -rf romanholidays.*

you can go broader even with
rm -rf romanholidays*.*
…in case there’s an embedded underline or dash in the naming convention.

darn special character / markdown / yada…and darn me for not checking the preview.
rm -rf [star]romanholidays[star].[star]
and
rm -rf [star]roman[star]holidays[star].[star]

edited to add: yes, I’m too lazy to look up how to properly represent the character as the character instead of an italics marker.

1 Like

Izbo

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought about that after I typed it, but I didn’t feel like figuring out the bold/star nonsense either!. But thanks for the helping impulse!

Its pretty much a given that every tourist in Rome pulls the old “Gregory Peck bit” when visiting the Mouth of Truth

4 Likes

Not to put a point too fine on it, but that’s Gregory Peck.

2 Likes

Right. Edited because I goofed badly.

1 Like

dg2hPud

8 Likes

Use three backticks (```)to indicate the beginning and the end of a code block

rm -rf *romanholidays*.*

Or use the backslash ( \ ) to achieve the following:
*romanholidays*.*

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.