The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

et tu, Brute ACLU?

13 Likes

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Federation%20for%20American%20Immigration%20Reform

7 Likes

No surprise I guess that Rahm Emanuel’s brother is also an asshole.

Emanuel vowed to refuse not only heroic medical interventions once he turned 75, but also antibiotics and vaccinations. His argument: older Americans live too long in a diminished state, raising the question of, as he put it, “whether our consumption is worth our contribution.”

11 Likes

Well they are working on bringing the projected age of death down in the neoliberal world…

Frankly he should have checked out at 60, if not earlier, as he has nothing to offer and takes up oxygen.

6 Likes

Bond Villain school of architecture.

(Patsy: “It’s only a model.” Others: “Shhh!”)

6 Likes

:joy:

12 Likes

Fly an airplane into that and be the first to take out one of the world’s worst despots!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Through a series of expensive conspiracy lawsuits against a disparate range of actors, the pipeline company has sought to paint the Standing Rock movement as the product of a vast misinformation-driven conspiracy to damage Energy Transfer.

Now, as part of that effort, Energy Transfer is demanding Unicorn Riot turn over virtually any documents, video footage, audio, article drafts, and communications related to the firm and its pipeline. The subpoena also sought information about the nonprofit’s organizational structure, social media accounts, and names of employees, volunteers, and supporters. Niko Georgiades, who was among the Unicorn Riot reporters covering Standing Rock, was separately subpoenaed.

8 Likes

Ummm, no. Hell no. Fuck no!! While I do at least partially agree with the “we live too long in a non-life gray zone,” prolonging existence without prolonging actual life, I vigorously deny this assertion. My dad is 82, travels, gardens, works out and enjoys life greatly. The idea that this is somehow wasteful is beyond disgusting. While I have no desire to exist on life support, or with my mind gone, so long as I can enjoy my garden and my family, I am not going to accept some Logan’s Run kind of world.

(ETA: There was a scene in Piers Anthony’s Incarnations of Immortality series where Death enters an ICU and is horrified to see all these “dead” people tethered to existence by technology. I read that when I was a kid, and it really stuck with me. Not a thing I want for myself.)

21 Likes

Same here, I fully support Living Wills, and assisted euthanasia (especially important for the doctors), but kicking off because you’re too old? How about we tax the hell out of the rich old people instead…

6 Likes
13 Likes

Truly, no one is the villain of their own story.

4 Likes

Vandals damage ‘irreplaceable’ ancient carvings at historic site in Georgia forest

One of the most important pre-Colonial historic sites in the Southeastern United States has been damaged by vandals. Known as Track Rock Gap, the Georgia site about 90 miles northeast of Atlanta hosts an extensive series of rock carvings (petroglyphs) dating back 1,000 years, experts say.

4 Likes

There’s a Man From U.N.C.L.E movie (=double episode) that was filmed just after the Saarinen terminal at LAX was built, and they decided to use that as the futuristic villains’ lair. At the time I guess only locals might have recognized it, but now it is just ridiculous. (In another movie in the series the Griffith Observatory had some cheezy signs pasted up to make it into a Tyrolian Thrush bunker.)

4 Likes

My god. And this isn’t the mindless graffiti that is unfortunately common at historic sites either, this is deliberate malicious iconoclasm.

2 Likes

Something, something white privilege…

10 Likes

a69

7 Likes

Wow, that’s interesting. Makes one wonder at the distress lacking wine was causing this woman, and whether said malady is being adequately addressed? Or maybe just an overly privileged asshole. Probably more likely, honestly.

6 Likes

Well, fuck that guy.

14 Likes