The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

If he understood the struggle, he wouldn’t be inclined to make jokes in the first place.

7 Likes

Police Academy Goodbye GIF

Now we just need to get rid of Liberty university…

11 Likes

Burying the past. That’s going to trash a lot of reference cites, and if they block search engines, people doing research won’t know that the articles even exist.

10 Likes

Good news: the woman was arrested for battery (caused scratches and bruising).

Bad news: despite video evidence, she was found not guilty by a local judge.

Plot twist: the woman she attacked and made racist statements to was ALSO white (standing up to the racism as an ally).

11 Likes

Gym owners seem prone to believing in odd woo, especially when it benefits their business.

The anti-lockdown protestors cursing in Black Speech are new.

4 Likes

Woah!

6 Likes

I would dearly love to get an explanation of what twisted sort of logic could lead to a not-guilty finding!

8 Likes

I mean…the engine failure seems to have been normal wear and tear, the brilliant pilot landed the plane safely, nobody was hurt, and as far as I can tell the only real damage was to the property below (and to the plane, of course). Perhaps these guys really did suffer emotional distress – I know I have in similar situations – but suing the airline for damages, while totally expected, is a bit much.

1 Like

Guessing not a word for the past four years in regards to unpaid bills.

8 Likes

shame

12 Likes

Is that what that was? It sounded scary.
And WTH?!? The guy being accosted is the one who gets a talking to by the cop because, “it’s obvious these people have a problem with you.” ?
Ummm…that’s their problem and doesn’t give them the right to accost anyone.

10 Likes

And Officer Huggy (in other shots) isn’t wearing a mask.

They call it Speaking in Tongues, but to me it sounds like it’s from Mordor.

6 Likes

Many years ago, when I heard of Julian Jaynes’ theory of the Bicameral mind, and that what we call consciousness is a fairly recent learned behavior to break down the barriers between the speaking and listening halves of the mind. He based it off ancient texts, and extrapolated how people at that time must have been thinking.

It seemed like a very sketchy idea with much hand-waving, beyond me to evaluate, but damned if those people don’t seem like perfect examples of:

prior to the “learning” of consciousness, human mentality was what Jaynes called “the bicameral mind” – a mentality based on verbal hallucination.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of this, but it makes me want to reread “snowcrash.” I feel like there was a lot there that I didn’t get in the first reading…

4 Likes

DrWhat

12 Likes

Being in proximity to the vaccine apparently has not stopped girls and women aged (approx.) 13 - 55 from getting their period as usual…oh, how terrible. /s

10 Likes

Notably, that Facebook link in her tweet goes to a group page whose URL is “allvaccinesarefake”.

9 Likes

birds aren't real

15 Likes

NaiveHatefulDrongo-size_restricted

12 Likes
6 Likes