The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Masks are required on commercial flights. This was a chartered flight. I am probably safe in assuming that everyone on that flight was vaccinated.

4 Likes

Still bad optics.

13 Likes

Possibly. If they were wearing masks, people would just come up with something else to nitpick. The worse optics remain Texas gutting voting rights.

3 Likes

The Presidentā€™s Executive Order required masks on private aircraft as well. And at FBO facilities.

Youā€™re right on this.

12 Likes

Easy cross-post to the facepalm thread.

Even if they are holding water in one hand to sorta get around the mask mandate, it send all kinds of wrong messages.

8 Likes

It being a chartered flight to begin with is bad optics, a chartered flight with no masks looks like you would never been seen with a poor.

5 Likes

The tweet clearly says it was unchartered.
:joy:

4 Likes

Goddamn. Thereā€™s assholes and then thereā€™s people who take fucked-up to a whole-new level.

5 Likes

The father, referred to in French media reports as Olivier B., was vice-president of the Dijon judicial court where he ran the family affairs division.

13 Likes

Quelle surprise. Thatā€™s got to be a pretty sloppy vetting procedure (but, mediocre creepy white men, amirite?). We got a guest lecturer from the child abuse team in the local police once, who said that even expressing an interest in the job got your whole life put under the microscope. Clearly not the same for this guy.

7 Likes

Holy shit!! And itā€™s not even a USian judge! (Honestly, I am equal parts shocked and relieved at that. And not certain which reaction speaks more ill of us.)

12 Likes

I donā€™t know if it was an alibi attempt, so much as a hint of blackmail.

7 Likes
6 Likes

20 Likes

Ewwww!!!

11 Likes

Murder was not among the charges. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes
7 Likes

Given his conviction that Ted Kaczynski was right about technology and the fact that he somehow has avoided arrest by the US - it seems very likely that heā€™s working undercover for a US Intelligence Agency.

His co-conspirators should act accordingly to protect themselves.

9 Likes

And even if heā€™s not, itā€™s still lobbing the apple of discord into a deserving bunch: ā€œFor the fascist!ā€

6 Likes

Just look at it. Heā€™s at the center of several criminal and off book intelligence financial transactions.

Yet heā€™s free. That shows protection from on high. His usefulness will eventually come to an end, of course. Then those networks will be rolled up and theyā€™ll exfiltrate him somewhere in witness protection.

The Russians will need to cover their tracks too. I wouldnā€™t order tea out if I were one his partners then.

11 Likes