The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Yeah. Between that and Rittenhouse…

ETA: and that fucking rapist getting off. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

But I also just remembered this happened this week, though it feels like months ago:

15 Likes

“ During the inspection, CBSA officers allegedly found 56 undeclared prohibited firearms, 13 over-capacity magazines, 43 ten-round pistol magazines, and 100 rounds of ammunition.

The items were located in boxes in the trunk of the woman’s car. The CBSA said some of the guns had had their serial numbers altered or removed.”

15 Likes

ETA: Maybe stores should start putting clerks and valuable stuff behind thick plexiglass?

7 Likes

Have they tried using petanque balls?

Right message, wrong method.

This message written on an iPad.

3 Likes

Toenails?

5 Likes

That’s where I don’t think we’ve fully embraced the Constitution as it exists in the present. It should be immediately prejudicial to use racism to sway a jury this way. It should explicitly go against a lawyer’s ethics to pull this crap. Because ultimately, the 14A should make this illegal. “Equal protection under the law.” That means no jerking (mostly) white juries around by their latent bigotry.

8 Likes

There are systems and mechanisms in place for punishing asshole lawyers who do shit like that, but those systems and mechanisms are run by the same asshole lawyers who do shit like that…

6 Likes
16 Likes
7 Likes

Omnipotence isn’t what it used to be.

11 Likes

“Reincarnate”? I’m curious about this person’s theology. Somehow God has to be able to recognize them from their DNA in order to put them in an actual new physical body that is in heaven? It isn’t just the soul or something? It’s always amazing how many people are walking around thinking they are good practitioners of the one true Christianity and turn out to firmly hold beliefs that their church considers heretical.

edit: I didn’t mean for this to be a thread derail. Maybe it should be moved to its own thread? @orenwolf ?

5 Likes

All of them surely. Like I think Catholicism has a one faith for the poor and less informed and then the one that they actually claim they believe in official texts. The creed contradicts what they say in funerals. Militant fundamentalist Protestantism is different in that it is heavily based on a personal revelation from God so you can profess whatever you believe. In the past it was based on whatever is in the Bible but that is (deliberately) inconsistent as the authors believed very different things. Both testaments of the Bible are internally and mutually inconsistent and what people believe is necessarily an inconsistent synthesis that they construct in their own mind. When did Jesus die? When was he resurrected? Where was he born? What happened next? All different stories in the texts because each story is based on an inconsistent theology.

9 Likes

Religion is like math in a multidimensional universe. The contradictions cancel out in a higher dimension.

Now - send me millions of dollars, you rubes.

9 Likes

Protestants and Catholics seem to agree, everybody gets a new body in the afterlife, like upgrading our iPhones

8 Likes

I want to see the catalog. My OEM was faulty on some important aspects.

17 Likes

II Corinthians 5 seems to indicate we either will or will not have bodies in Heaven, depending on the translation :confused:

7 Likes

You get a new body in both the individual judgment and the final judgment in Catholicism? That doesn’t sound right to me but I guess if you end up with three different bodies you might use the word “reincarnation” after all.

1 Like

Trilocation.

6 Likes

Kansas doesn’t surprise me. When I was in Norton back in 2013 they were dependent on a local hospital converted into a prison for work. The locals were even proud of it which scared the hell out of me.

Also, my home county, Sedgwick, has expands its jail all the time just to house all the western counties on prisoners. It’s friggin’ creepy.

7 Likes