The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

She really needs to STFU. That dumbass couldn’t even figure out how protests work…

12 Likes

Let’s automate the unimportant tasks:

15 Likes

“I took out too much. I took out the wrong bit of the frontal lobe,” Dr Teo admitted in evidence on Monday.

"I actually didn’t know at the time. I’m learning from this case.

"It wasn’t negligence. Maybe some ignorance on my behalf but certainly not negligence.“

19 Likes

… the difference is: God doesn’t think he’s a neurosurgeon.

13 Likes

Forging ahead on something you don’t have experience with is the very definition of negligence, you idiot!

15 Likes

Charlie Teo made his name as the neurosurgeon of last resort, the one to go to when everyone else said there was nothing else to be done.

He was successful just often enough to get a reputation for being able to work miracles.

So from his point of view, his argument is that it was ignorance because he didn’t know exactly what he was doing, but it wasn’t malpractice because nobody else did either.

This trial is, as much as anything, the other part of survivorship bias coming to collect.

13 Likes

We used to have a guy in our neighborhood who would take a shot at fixing your car if you paid him $50. :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

Further to the court situation, the residents of this city also have to endure a lack of safe water

14 Likes
21 Likes

Since Ben Carson is an acclaimed neurosurgeon I always assumed that anyone could do it if they kept their attendance up in college

9 Likes

Angry Office GIF

15 Likes
20 Likes

puke die GIF

What a wretched excuse for a human being. The true face of “family values.”

17 Likes
21 Likes

I’m sure he means that double for Black, Latinx, and Indigenous kids…

Gilbert Gottfried What An Asshole GIF

14 Likes

It’s always projection… and that dude does not look sorry at all for the pain he caused. That’s an actual demonic face.

13 Likes
1 Like

Now, the Free Church of Scotland – of which Forbes is a member – has jumped to her defence, saying that the criticism equals “anti-Christian intolerance”.

A spokesperson for the Church reportedly said it shared Forbes’ view of marriage as an institution strictly between a man and a woman.

“These ethical convictions have been held for centuries by Christians and other religions. There is nothing new or strange about them,” the spokesperson said.

“Kate Forbes is standing on the basis of her policies.

“The fact that she is being criticised for her Christian convictions shows a level of bigotry that has no place in a pluralistic and diverse society.”

The evangelical Calvinist denomination, which was established in 1843, teaches that same-sex marriage is inherently sinful.

It also opposes banning conversion therapy – which can include a form of psychological torture used in a vain effort to change an LGBTQ+ person’s sexuality.

How long until they start claiming prohibitions against killing people is intolerant of their views?

19 Likes

I’m sure they’re already saying that in their private spaces… They keep pushing the envelope of what they can get away with in public, so that language is the next logical step.

19 Likes

Won’t somebody think of the poor oppressed…checks notes…Christians? How 'bout “nah”. Gaslighting is what these statements are.

16 Likes