The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

The groups backing this case couldn’t give a damn about kids. This is all about opening legal attacks on tribal sovereignty.

Several of the groups supporting the plaintiffs—including the Goldwater Institute, the Cato Institute, and Texas Public Policy Foundation, and the Project on Fair Representation—have received substantial funding from the fossil fuel billionaire Koch brothers and their network. Critics note that the fossil fuel industry has a track record of supporting cases that threaten tribal sovereignty. “The collective rights of a nation and its sovereignty must be weakened or destroyed to gain access to its lands and resources,” noted Native journalist and historian Nick Estes in the Guardian.

Previously:

16 Likes

Also, the same offshoot of genocide that caused Nazis to take Aryan-looking Jewish children from their families and adopt them into Nazi homes where they would be forced to lose every aspect of their real identity.

There is a huge movement in the U.S. for ‘Christians’ to adopt children from non-Christian countries and communities so as to force them to lose their ‘heathen’ roots.

19 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

12 Likes

Disney’s new “fling-a-kid” ride isn’t looking so great right now

11 Likes

Well, that’s good news.

The disclosure of behind-the-scenes emails and texts greatly increased the chances that Dominion will win its $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox, experts say.

Archive version: https://archive.ph/kKxl3

ETA: And it would be a crowning irony if this case helped strengthen Sulluvan.

Based on the messages revealed last week, “I think that Dominion both will and should prevail,” said Laurence Tribe, a former Harvard law professor. “If anything, the landmark this case is likely to establish will help show that New York Times v. Sullivan” is not an impossible legal hurdle to clear, as some critics have claimed.

22 Likes

“Except our own imaginary traumas, of course.”

17 Likes
17 Likes

And another asshole gets an extra 16 scoops of prison ice cream…

18 Likes
19 Likes

Back To The Future GIF

22 Likes
13 Likes
19 Likes

Seize a cat? Well, they can try I guess…

19 Likes

The cat’s been living with Alex Jones. Anyone coming to take it away would probably get this reception:

In Love Cat GIF

22 Likes

my first thought was “alex jones has a cat?!?! WTF?!”
it would be a strange legal move (IANAL) and if true the cat is worth a couple grand, it would be a tiny fraction of the billion plus dollars he owes. seems like a wierd flex.
and to my first question, should jones be allowed the responsibility of caretaking any living creature?

21 Likes

The cat was a crisis actor. It’s not real.

27 Likes

I’d like to add that we don’t have a video of the interview, so we can’t be sure that what Alex Jones said even happened. I bet that’s not even Jones in the photo.

14 Likes

Aren’t the folks in his crew all wannabes? :woman_shrugging:t4:

On Her Majestys Secret Service Hello GIF by James Bond 007

Austin Powers Cat GIF

In reality, I wouldn’t put it past Jones to claim that the cat was the real mastermind and he was just an unwilling victim… :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

i could buy that.

11 Likes

And yes, here’s the obvious solution.

12 Likes