The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

“Landlords”/money-sucking parasites are assholes.

22 Likes

“American folk heroes”

I am okay with naming all of our schools after Woody Guthrie and putting up a statue at each one of him with his guitar, complete with “This machine kills fascists” sticker

20 Likes

Discussion with my in-laws:

Me: “But isn’t dressing in drag a First Amendment free speech expression?”

Them: “Not if those people are harming children.”

Me: “Ah, OK. Do you feel the same about the Second Amendment? You know, banning high-capacity assault-style guns because a small subset of people kill children with them?”

Them: “………”

23 Likes
14 Likes

Somehow I think that the Heritage Foundation has Confederate generals as their folk heroes.

15 Likes

Uh-oh. Looks like we’re gonna have to rename a lot of suburban subdivisions from Lakeview to General McArthur. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

General Sherman Middle School is it then

love the way you lie fire GIF

26 Likes

Gone With The Wind Vintage GIF

15 Likes

It exists- and we need more!

15 Likes

One of my elementary schools was named after Toussaint L’Ouverture, and even had a plaque and painting of the general in the foyer, though this was at the height of awareness in the Civil Rights Movement.

15 Likes

My school was name after the corporation that founded the cotton mill, community, and the school where I grew up. It was a company town… Pepperell.

13 Likes

ugh. the town and high school i grew up in was named for a fucking confederate general. the county for another. Granbury, county seat of Hood county.
yay, texass

13 Likes

Bobby Moynihan No GIF by Saturday Night Live

This has been slowly changing, which explains why right wingers are in the middle of a full on melt-down, trying to drag the country back to the bad old days, where we named schools after racist losers, and white children were “protected” from the truth and into good little Christians who grew into miserable adults…

16 Likes

WTF?

8 Likes

“The Daffodil Poem”
(by Sherwood’s Mother, as recited by Sherwood)

High up grew a daffodil,
I couldn’t hardly reach her
Said I to me I think I will
get it for my teacher
I clumb to get the daffodil
out on a limb so thin
I tumbled down like Jack and Jill
and skinned my little shin
And here’s the pretty daffodil
I brought to my new teacher
I love her dear and I always will:
I’m awful glad to meetcha!!

From the Little Rascals

9 Likes

Always a class act.

14 Likes

they should have left him in the coma a little longer

10 Likes

Sure, we have to protect those hardworking and exploited stockholders.

And if we’re talking about reality, how about overtime?

17 Likes

Yes, the “spoiled” working class is the key problem here.
Episode 5 Omg GIF by One Chicago

20 Likes

It certainly couldn’t be the stockholders, who get massive indirect payments that they don’t have to pay taxes on.

16 Likes