The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

1 Like

It’s suspected the Los Angeles freeway fire last week was arson, and there’s images of the suspect being shown on social media.

“Our main goal is to defend the faith, defend the church, defend authentic Catholicism,” Haggerty, a former U.S. Army captain based in Willis, about 50 miles north of Houston, said Tuesday."

I’m not a Catholic, but isn’t the Pope being infalliable a pretty damn big part of authentic Catholicism?
Pretty hard to “defend the faith” from a guy who disagrees with your views when the faith in question says that guy is always right.

7 Likes

arson fire

Go easy on the hotsauce next time

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s actually what they claim. In fact I think it’s kind of seen as an arsehole move to claim it these days at all. Lots of catholics disagree with different popes and teach things that are different.

The entire history of Christianity is different people claiming god told them the real deal. Pretty much starting with Paul who never met someone who actually knew Jesus and heard his teachings that he didn’t vehemently disagree with.

I love Harry Dean Stanton in the Last Temptation of Christ telling Jesus that he’s glad he met him as he’s nothing, Paul’s Jesus is so much better. It’s pretty theologically accurate, if not historically of course.

4 Likes

I think that’s only when the Pope says specifically that he’s speaking “ex cathedra”.

And that it only started in the late 1800’s.

But it’s a very long time since I was an altar boy.

5 Likes

(post deleted by author for being mainly a terrible joke about Popes, bears, woods and hats, that they instantly regretted)

2 Likes

What a jerk.

I wonder how much he got paid to promote a smokeless stove/fire pit?

3 Likes

I hope that’s a stupidly fancy outdoor patio, or he’ll soon be done with everything.

1 Like

What exactly constitutes an asshole who is just so much “extra”? Sparkling asshole?

Stand Up What GIF by 800 Pound Gorilla Media

3 Likes
3 Likes

:rage:

7 Likes
3 Likes

Friendly Skies my ass.

4 Likes

If it’s a money-loser in Vegas

Sphere had no interest in seeking to overturn the mayor’s decision

Contradicted by this loud crying to the Tories:

Mr Dolan revealed that he had been due to attend Prime Minister Rishi Sunak’s economic investment forum on Monday – but would no longer be travelling to London. He had expected that the Sphere would have been highlighted by Mr Sunak as an example of major foreign investment in the UK.

“To throw that away through a desire to embarrass the Prime Minister and his economic forum is unconscionable.”

5 Likes

2 Likes

P.S. This has nothing to do with the fact that the one in Vegas is bleeding millions of dollars every day. #@%$, we aren’t making enough to pay the electric bill.

8 Likes