The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

This part is so disgusting. To compare this to organ donation?!

Reed likened the recycling of parts to “organ donation,” allowing collectors to repair or maintain their firearms: “The people who are happiest with us are those who need parts for old guns that just aren’t made anymore.”

Disgusted The Golden Girls GIF

8 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if an 8-ball influenced Shkreli’s decisions, I just wouldn’t expect it to be the cryptic, liquid-filled kind.

11 Likes

Once again, I bemoan the lack of a puke reaction emoji. At least we have Bea Arthur.

8 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

n their industry review, regulators found “statistically significant disparities” in the rates in which Black and female borrowers got pricing exceptions compared to other customers.

2 Likes

I really wish I knew where AJ get’s his views on Heaven. I don’t buy the story that God showed up while he was eating fried chicken steak and uploaded the future or something in to his brain…

2 Likes

I hope there’s a good quality file of just his channel. Play his pee tape during future bafflegab.

1 Like

West is no stranger to controversy, and already caught flack for a snippet of a line on “Vultures” where he states, “How I’m antisemitic, I just fucked a Jewish b****.” It comes in a string of antisemitic remarks over the past year, and he didn’t shy from the discourse. As the song played, West stoked the flames by donning a black Klansman hat, pausing at the end of the song to glare at the audience.

A bronze top hat has disappeared from a larger-than-life sculpture of Abraham Lincoln in Kentucky

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/11/us/kentucky-police-are-investigating-the-disappearance-of-a-bronze-top-hat-from-an-abraham/index.html

IMG_1374

4 Likes

“What do we make of former friends who fell down the rabbit hole of the Right?“

Acquaintances.

6 Likes

Even if there’s something in the contract that lets the company brick the trains, I suspect that this fight will not go well for them.

4 Likes
8 Likes
1 Like

Not even that,
life in pieces review GIF

12 Likes

By James Bennet

The Times ’s problem has metastasised from liberal bias to illiberal bias, from an inclination to favour one side of the national debate to an impulse to shut debate down altogether. All the empathy and humility in the world will not mean much against the pressures of intolerance and tribalism without an invaluable quality that Sulzberger did not emphasise: courage.

There have been signs the Times is trying to recover the courage of its convictions. The paper was slow to display much curiosity about the hard question of the proper medical protocols for trans children; but once it did, the editors defended their coverage against the inevitable criticism. For any counter-revolution to succeed, the leadership will need to show courage worthy of the paper’s bravest reporters and opinion columnists, the ones who work in war zones or explore ideas that make illiberal staff members shudder.

4 Likes

After the Texas Observer first reported last month that 11-year-old Timothy Murray was arrested by the Brownsville Independent School District police and detained in solitary confinement just days after he reported being bullied by his school principal, Myrta Garza, Timothy’s mother Nadia Rincon had hoped prosecutors would drop the charges against her son.

But during a status hearing today, Cameron County District Attorney Rene Garza made it clear the office is hell-bent on building a criminal case against Timothy, asking for more time to gather evidence after school administrators who previously worked under Garza filed another criminal charge against the student earlier this month.

1 Like

So this is a violation of federal whistleblower and anti-retaliation laws by the school district and police?

5 Likes