The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

If we could get the Right to understand the difference between “equity” and “equality,” half the battle would be won.

9 Likes

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

Salary, identity, whatever.

13 Likes

Andy you are making my stand on prison abolition bit hard…

18 Likes

Starts weak with a slant rhyme and goes down hill from there. D-

14 Likes

If he was always ready- he wouldn’t be in prison.

18 Likes

My question is this: SNL must have known his history… so why did they invite him on?

21 Likes

Wow. This one really takes the cake.

“Talking dollars.” Eastman said. “Now you’ve got a $1.5 million price tag here for victims of fatal child abuse. It gets argued periodically that it’s actually a cost savings because that child is not going to need any of those government services that they might otherwise be entitled to receive and need based on growing up in this type of environment.”

16 Likes

Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

Nobody else to alpha male on, i guess. Weird fantasy, though.

17 Likes
16 Likes

As long as the terrorists are the white kind.

16 Likes

Wow, that was painful to watch. Talk about not knowing your audience (in addition to being an anti-science asshole, I mean).
All the people I know who lived in NYC in 2019 and 2020 were devastated by the pandemic, going to the windows every evening to cheer on healthcare workers, and every single one of them knew several locals who died, whether it was a relative or the local bodega owner or someone else.

16 Likes

Didn’t anyone tell them that they’re the Orks?

19 Likes

I am reminded of tweets where Trump and his fans compared him to the inevitable Thanos and his campaign to the unstoppable Death Star. Most probably know they are not the good guys that sing about trees and cry over rocks, but the tough Uruk-hai and terrifying Nazgûl. Because the actual point of stories is always lost on them.

17 Likes

Still maybe not the right word, but I know most of these people are not tough in any sense of the word

13 Likes

For sure. They’re like toxic masculinity personified. They care for nothing except fighting, they are obsessed with how fierce and fearless they are, they are constantly brutal and cruel even to each other to prove they are the best at it. And then when it actually comes to it…one of the guys who prefers to sing about trees can easily kill a couple dozen, and the moment there is an unexpected reverse they all rout.

I’m sure there are no lessons in that, though.

15 Likes

What is the parallel term to misogyny when we’re talking about (in effect) ownership of children by the parents? We probably need a thread for it.

18 Likes

Tough way to live, being a homophobe…

… and a racist.

15 Likes

IMO, this is just another example of the decline of SNL. I’m done, because of their history of choosing hosts like this. I turned off the show after what he said. His fans online are defending this as just a joke. As you pointed out, they have damned short memories - especially since most wouldn’t be running around maskless, helping companies push the “back to normal/the pandemic is over” narrative without the vaccines he suggested were part of an evil plot. :woman_facepalming:t4:

15 Likes

“Patriarchy” usually covers it?

16 Likes

Literally “rule by fathers”, so, yeah.

15 Likes