The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Billy Bob Thornton Goliath GIF by Amazon Prime Video

3 Likes

“ Prince describes himself as a libertarian.”

I’m not sure that libertarian theory supports big government empires that take freedom from people.

Of course, the theory is just a smoke screen.

5 Likes

And has been since Ayn Rand hijacked the term from the left… I mean, just the people who are promoting the concept should give the rest of us pause, but it never really has. Far too many dude-bros stroke their chins and nod their head sagely when the post-Randian concept of libertarianism is brought up. They just assume the rest of us are too dumb to understand it…

I really hate this timeline.

7 Likes

Comedians Gareth Reynolds and Dave Anthony examine a demon, Anita Bryant

1 Like

SIGH this thing got significantly more stupid last night. Nijisanji basically exposed their own lies, created a massive PR nightmare, got several of the remaining streamers to try to throw Doki under the bus (which failed spectacularly) along with several sock puppet twitter accounts being hijacked by management to push the company’s line (which contradicts what said streamers said on their personal social media accounts), Doki saying on stream minutes after their statements that she totally expected the company to say this bs while being angry that it ruined that night’s plan to play Neopets and that was followed by a painful and painfully bad apology made by a very angry looking CEO minutes before the company’s stock fell off a cliff on the TSE relegating a company who’s stock was worth 2.5 billion dollars USD at one point to possibly head into penny stock territory.

So if you thought that you had a bad day or week, just know you didn’t fuck up nearly as bad as Nijisanji has lmao

3 Likes

Why does the title and caption on Part Two say Anita Baker?

1 Like

When I was an undergrad and first heard about libertarians, I thought it sounded like a good idea. Leave everyone alone and let them do what they want? I thought that sounded great (it’s not, but I was young and stupid). But I very quickly noticed that every candidate they ever put up for political office was either really wacky sounding, or they very clearly weren’t in favor of letting everyone do what they wanted. It’s not hard to sus out the hypocrisy, so my flirtation with libertarianism didn’t last very long, thankfully.

8 Likes

Kenan Thompson Yes GIF by Paramount+

6 Likes

Did Rand ever describe herself as libertarian? From what I’ve seen, when the right colonized the term, they brought Rand along with the rest of their baggage. (Asking so I can update my refs and page.)

3 Likes

Does it matter, if it’s the same effect in the long run? Most modern libertarians cites her as a major influence.

4 Likes

Old Man Shut Up GIF by Rooster Teeth

3 Likes

Jon is right back to his bothsidererism.

Maybe he should step aside.

5 Likes

:man_shrugging: It’s my curse to build a crazy wall of how the right got to where it is.

4 Likes

Because “Not perfect” and “Existential threat” are exactly the same thing. He is a smart guy. How does he not get this? Is it all due to being a cis-het-wealthy-white male? How the hell can anyone be this clueless at this point in history?

I Dont Get It Nicky Ricky Dicky Dawn GIF by Nickelodeon

13 Likes

Keep Up The Good Work Reaction GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Willfully? :thinking: I have not watched his first night back yet…

5 Likes

3 Likes

These are the same fucking people who love to claim that there were Irish slaves in America.

7 Likes

13 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe watch it instead of taking Rolling Fucking Stone’s bullshit clickbait headline as accurate. It absolutely was not “both sides are equally bad”