The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

11 Likes

13 Likes

So… “Yes, it’s genocide, and we’re cool with that.”

(Let’s just ignore all the other things horrifyingly wrong with that analogy.)

12 Likes

I wonder if the law firm whose name is on the banner behind that ring is going to continue sponsoring that place. Holy shit. “A little blood never hurt anyone.” And just the overall tone: Yeah, it’s just a little blood! And people think we’re abusing kids! Pfft, see? That’s ridiculous. If that is in the US, and it looks like it is, that almost certainly violates more than one law.

8 Likes

On Saturday night, Hochul apologized for her “poor choice of words.” The governor said she regretted “using an inappropriate analogy that I now realize could be hurtful to members of our community.”

“While I have been clear in my support of Israel’s right to self-defense, I have also repeatedly said and continue to believe that Palestinian civilian casualties should be avoided and that more humanitarian aid must go to the people of Gaza,” she said.

New York City Council member Shahana Hanif responded to Hochul’s effort to walk back her comments by saying she would not accept the governor’s apology.

6 Likes

Yes. Take a deep breath.

eta: This was meant to be a statement of support for @mindysan’s comment. Apologies for inadvertent offense!

2 Likes

So, a nopology to people with functioning brains.

5 Likes

Why would she need to do that?

8 Likes

Unless that was meant to be insulting, a bit of clarification would be nice.

7 Likes

Which made it easier for Texas business owners to identify Vest, 60, as the man who recently came into their antique stores and shoved various items up his rectum before placing them “back on the shelf for display,” according to Texas court records.

10 Likes

The spirit of GG Allin lives on, I guess…

4 Likes
14 Likes

13 Likes

Which uni is this?

3 Likes

I’m not sure, but I think Bristol, based on a link in her bluesky profile.

3 Likes

Some people have the weirdest hobbies.

5 Likes

That… doesn’t narrow it down enough for me, sorry.

3 Likes

Oh, I just meant sometimes it is good to breathe, even when we are in a terrible timeline. Didn’t mean to offend. @mindysan certainly doesn’t need to take a breath if she doesn’t want to.

Yikes, no offense meant.

9 Likes