The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Except when the mainstream media reported on Stewart’s return to the Daily Show, all they focused on was the “Biden old” bit.

7 Likes

Stewart has had this problem before and apologized for it. Apparently, he likes repeating past mistakes.

5 Likes

Yeah but they’re alway going to do that anyway.

Hopefully TDS has said all they want about the subject and next Monday can be all about how horrible Trump is.

You have more faith in Jon Stewart than I do.

4 Likes

I thought this summed it up pretty well:

It’s not clear if Stewart genuinely believes there’s a bipartisan middle left in American political life or that he can conjure one through sheer force of will, but he remains determined to speak to both left and right as if it’s possible to reach them on the same frequency. Stepping away from meta-punditry, he delivered a spiel about the importance of engaging in civic life on every day of the year, not just Election Day. “If your guy loses, bad things might happen, but the country is not over, and if your guy wins, the country is in no way saved,” he said in his best let’s-all-calm-down voice. “I’m not saying you don’t have to worry about who wins the election. I’m saying you have to worry about every day before it and every day after it, forever.” It’s true that the fight won’t be over on Nov. 5, no matter what it is you’re fighting for. But the suggestion that simply “grind[ing] away on issues” can serve as a bulwark against encroaching fascism feels more like a fairy tale than a life lesson. via Slate

Problem is there is no middle anymore and if he continues to straddle the fence to reach both sides he’s going to split his scrotum and loose his viewers faster than CC anticipated.

IMHO the media, esp comedic ‘news’ media, should be in full attack fascism mode, red lights strobing, sirens wailing, tires screeching and babies crying. Full stop.

It’s simply not funny.

12 Likes

See…right here. That’s the problem. With Trump, that’s quite possibly not true. Again, he’s a fascist. He’s said he wants to be a dictator on day 1. He’s said he want to find a way to get around term limits. He admires Putin and Kim Jong Un and Viktor Orban. As I said, the media, including Stewart, are still acting like Trump is some kind of “normal level of bad” Republican. He’s not. We can survive 4 more years of Biden easily. We can survive four years of Kamala Harris if something bad happens to Biden. We might even be able to survive four years of Nikki Haley (unless you’re trans or a member any number of other marginalized communities). But we, as a nation, are not surviving four more years of Trump.

18 Likes

Perhaps it’s best if it’s just one night a week for Jon.

We’ll see.

5 Likes

THIS.

:clap:t4:

RIGHT.

HERE.

I don’t know WHY so many people with privilege don’t seem to fucking get that, and it is so fucking infuriating.

17 Likes

I found Stewart’s weird, seething, humorless fixation with the chocolate chip cookies bit of the tiktok extremely off-putting. He looked genuinely angry. That (well, the whole 20+ minutes devoted to upholding the mainstream media’s fixation on Biden’s age over more pressing issues), along with his “the country will go on if your guy doesn’t win” statement at the end, and his choice for his first guest made me wonder if his wealth and success isn’t maybe causing a creeping conservatism to take control of his heart. idk. Maybe he’s just angling for his next show to be on Fox Business.

8 Likes

I started to watch it, but I stopped a few minutes in when Stewart started recounting Hur’s report. It pissed me off that he was giving oxygen to that unprofessional special counsel’s report. It felt just like the old Jon Stewart trying to both sides it to me, which in hindsight, is directly responsible for normalizing the hateful rightwing nut jobs.

I also felt that Jon Stewart was trying to hard and he was showing his age. /s, but maybe not /s

11 Likes
6 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

9 Likes

https://archive.ph/Lnjdg

4 Likes

5 Likes

Somebody’s been listening to radio stations actually broadcasting from the 80’s…

6 Likes

Enjoy prison booger face

3 Likes

Then I’m sure he’ll be amenable to proving this by having a blood transfusion from someone who is hiv positive.

8 Likes
12 Likes

I haven’t seen BB report it on their front page. Apologies if its been posted elsewhere

15 Likes

Next up:

13 Likes