The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Enshitification. If it’s tethered back to the company, you don’t really own it, and companies will always think of ways to extract more money.

Also, if you don’t pay the subscription, you have one week to live. Or is that the other Ring?

14 Likes

Ceiling vibrators have a long, height-adjustable rod to run from floor to ceiling and make vibrations or a knocking noise from the head. They can be remote controlled and once switched on, they transmit to upstairs neighbours. Thumpers were said to be invented in China and are sometimes referred to as “noisemaker revenge machines”.

You want Shai-hulud? Because that’s how you get Shai-hulud!
hqdefault

21 Likes
13 Likes

Damnit! I am trying to keep Scientology and Dark Right stuff separate. This isn’t helping. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

You’re making that Ford “repo” patent application look downright humane!

13 Likes
16 Likes
22 Likes

The older i get, the more sure I am that the Catholic Church is just like one of those sketchy PR agencies on TV shows, willing to do anything to “protect the client.”
But with more flamboyant outfits.

15 Likes

And even fewer morals

12 Likes

sinead-pope

23 Likes

New HBO series: Mad Monks

10 Likes

Say goodbye to being able to eat meals with utensils on flights thanks to this taint

12 Likes

Good bye plastic spork! Sad.

Hello squeezables.

8 Likes

Vin Diesel GIF by IFC

Sporks don’t kill people; Riddick kills people.

16 Likes

I can’t think of the last time i was on a flight in the US where a meal was served

10 Likes

I can’t either.

Oddly the past three times in last two months I’ve ordered cocktails and was never charged. Short flights, late, everybody just wants to go home.

10 Likes

Seems sus…

Ahhhh I see clearly now…

21 Likes

Wow, that map is telling. No stored anywhere near the city center.

I’m surprised they are shutting the one on SE 82nd. It’s packed every time I drive by.

Closing the Delta Park store is a no-brainer. Delta Park/Hayden Island is completely empty on evenings/weekends. Total ghost town.

16 Likes

Funny how the “urban” locations aren’t doing well isn’t it? :thinking:

There is one in Pentagon City, Va. just outside DC that is insanely full 24/7. Inside it’s like carnival bumper cars on the beltway as people jockey for positions. Ben Hur chariot wheel spikes would be appropriate for the experience.

Somethings one only does once and that store will never been visited again by me.

10 Likes

Helsingin Sanomat carries a story about a candidate in April’s parliamentary election who was given a three and a half year jail sentence for attempted manslaughter.

Christian Kautto is a candidate for the Blue and Black movement, a Finns Party offshoot that recalls the colours of interwar fascist formations in Finland.

In 2019 he was convicted after attacking a man with a knife, causing five stab wounds. The two had been in a fight, but the court ruled Kautto could not have feared for his life as several people were trying to intervene at the time.

HS had previously published news on Ville Nurmela, another of the party’s candidates, who had a string of convictions including one for vandalising a synagogue. He had previously operated in the now-banned neo-Nazi Nordic Resistance Movement.

The Blue and Black movement was formed in 2021 by former members of the Finns Party, and adopts ethnonationalist positions.

The Ministry of Justice originally considered the party’s programme anti-democratic and opposed to freedom of expression, and demanded revisions before they could officially join the party register.

12 Likes