The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

A Republican lawmaker nonsensically ranted about how giving trans people rights will somehow result in her having fewer rights.

17 Likes

The Law of Conservation of Rights means that more rights for me must balance with fewer rights for you. It’s just science! /S

16 Likes
10 Likes

WTF Ben? Stick that nonsense in your Chunky Monkey!

11 Likes

Hell - stick it into fighting the over 400 anti transgender bills introduced since January in the US!!!

13 Likes

I hate companies that post perpetual ghost jobs. They give the impression that their management process is broken, a horrible place to work, and for laughs, I check back a couple years later to see if their website is gone.

18 Likes

They are kidding themselves if they think that it fools those overworked employees. Rumor travels faster than light in most orgs. The word gets out quickly that they aren’t interviewing anyone. Also, employees who think a company is posting a ghost job have been known to submit ghost applications from an idealized candidate based on internal knowledge of the environment. If the fictional perfect candidate gets a rejection letter or ignored, the the suspicion is confirmed.

19 Likes
12 Likes

Note this section:

“But I think the bigger story here is how someone with her particular and recent background of being involved with far-right and right-wing organizations and platforms was able to successfully become a part of a very progressive local movement, as well as a very progressive organizations such as AFSC.”

12 Likes

All I can say is that some people found that immediately when she was being considered.

11 Likes

Yeah, seems like. This kind of thing just really gives those wishing to end DEI programs some serious ammo…

I just don’t get why people would want to do this kind of thing. It makes no sense to me. She wants to help DEI programs, she doesn’t need to pretend to be something she’s not… She can just… help!

12 Likes
14 Likes

Someone’s getting a visit from the Secret Service.

17 Likes

I mean, right? You can’t call for someone to execute an ex-president.

Also, what does Obama et al have to do with Trump’s arrest? Unlike his successor, Obama was very gracious and invited Trump to the WH before the peaceful transition of power in 2017.

I’m so confused, but I guess the RWNJs are “owning” me?

Confused Threes Company GIF by MOODMAN

14 Likes

Serious investors probably aren’t looking at Utah to begin with, but…

10 Likes

Yeah, sounds like bs. Wish the article had included the cross examination of this spurious claim. Where the other members of his band present? Where were you going to perform? Where were your instruments and equipment?

6 Likes

Nono, you are getting confused with money. Limited pool of rights to be distributed, unlimited pool of money that can be earned through meritocracy. /S

4 Likes

2d57ac28d754bca238b38d87eaaad7c8

25 Likes

Probably my favorite magazine cover, because it nails the reality:

21 Likes

“When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”

― Franklin Leonard

(Probably not Leonard, but true nonetheless)

14 Likes