The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

2 Likes

Some children were also excluded because Franklin Towne’s chief executive didn’t want to take anyone from a particular charter elementary school, in the event he might have to pay for their transportation.

Patrick Field, Franklin Towne’s chief academic officer and an administrator at the school for 17 years, said the lottery tampering was ordered by Joseph Venditti, the longtime former CEO. Venditti abruptly resigned Feb. 27, citing health reasons, after Field alerted the charter’s board chair about the lottery issues.

5 Likes

There is a mountain of privacy debt regarding that platform, but everyone wants to watch the latest TikTok challenge i guess? :person_shrugging:

And of course they are already targeting journalists.

11 Likes
4 Likes

She’ll just collaborate completely with them.

9 Likes

“At the tone, please leave your name and message.”

10 Likes
9 Likes

He’s a Chicago reporter, who showed up to a local hotel without calling or making a reservation first. Sure, totally believable.

And no, it’s not a ‘luxury’ hotel. Never was. It does have a good location, though.

14 Likes

Possible asshole in training courtesy of quite likely asshole parents?

I truly hope it doesn’t come to this:

7 Likes

Would they be so stupid?

3 Likes

https://archive.is/3Id4s

5 Likes

Only in a severely car-brained nation would you get an article like that , equating fewer restrictions on what can be built in an area with “an attack on property rights”.

Doing anything other than continuing to sprawl low density suburbia over the country is apparently enough to induce panic.

6 Likes

“Traditional neighborhoods” are at stake man!

7 Likes

Oh, I really fucking HOPE so.

11 Likes

The real problem isn’t extra houses jammed into lots, but that developers are doing it to maximize their rental profit. On the one hand, they’re decreasing the pool of homes that can be bought, trapping more people in rental serfdom, and on the other, decreasing the value of the remaining owned homes, the big middle class wealth accumulator.

The fracking of the middle class to extract money to serve the very rich continues.

I doubt any of these developers will be doing studies or cooperating with city planning to figure out what happens in those neighborhoods when they suddenly double the population and the cars(!): traffic, utility loading, schools, etc.

The Republicans might get big money from developers, but those middle class home owners are their base voters, and if their property value is threatened, they will rage.

Also… Have the Republicans really thought about what will happen to the politics of those neighborhoods vs their gerrymandering? I think they’d better think it out again.

8 Likes

BTW if you are wondering about the eye patch.

12 Likes

This is Northern Virginia. Profit first and let the city and or county deal with the repercussions later. It’s a sh*t show.

Looking at you Bezos.

8 Likes

In Dougtario, developers are forward planning. They build subdivisions intermixed with a golf course, charge a premium for lots adjoining it, give them “lifetime memberships”, and then when the property values rise just right, grease a zoning change and turn the golf course into new burb boxes.

6 Likes

Headed that way in Harrisonburg and surrounding areas. Where we live is rapidly becoming a bedroom suburb where it is possible for working class folks to buy, but not sure how long that will last. Staunton is still holding out for now, at least.

7 Likes
8 Likes