The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Not at all familiar with Finnish politics. Do we need to add the Finns to the list of nations going fascist? That damn list is getting way too long!

11 Likes

Current cabinet is led by liberal-conservative party allied with (mask on) right-populists, social liberals and christian democrats.

They will do a lot of damage.

The last on was led by center-left and they didn’t fix much of the damage done by similar horror show that preceded them.

From my point of view this country is eaten away by neoliberalism.

9 Likes

From working with Muslim people as allies in campaigns to remove religion from healthcare and education here I can say that yes, I expect them to be tolerant. Uncomfortable maybe, but definitely tolerant of other kinds of diversity.

Islam of course is very explicitly anti-racist which is unusual for religions.

8 Likes

One could argue that Christianity, at least as far as what Jesus says, can be seen as anti-racism as well but we all know how that shakes out in real life.

6 Likes

I know the message of christianity that we were taught could be taken that way but unlike “rich people are evil” we don’t have Jesus’s words for that. I believe we don’t because Jesus - the real guy Rabbi Yeshua ben Yosef - didn’t give a fuck about non-jewish people. They just weren’t on his radar. If you map out his travels he did detours around all the Greek speaking towns up North. I know there is the thing about a Roman soldier but that is very unlikely to be from before the desetruction of the Jerusalem uprising long after Jesus’s death.

His main experience with foreigners was them coming to his country and running the shop and his main focus was the collaborators at home rather than them.

9 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

deep space nine facepalm GIF

10 Likes

I hearby rechristen him BTK, Jr.

7 Likes

Have I mentioned how much i despise RFK jr? Because I really, really do. He is the asshole that makes other assholes look good by comparison, the septic pit of infinite depth, the thing that makes the slimy things under rocks that you see and go “Yuck,” go yuck. He is not a good man.

15 Likes

Pop Tv Alexis Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

10 Likes

So, about moms for liberty

https://archive.ph/2023.06.22-105930/https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2023/06/21/moms-for-liberty-hamilton-county-indiana-quotes-hitler-in-newsletter/70344659007/

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes