The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

“We can’t stop here, this is bat country”

7 Likes
9 Likes
1 Like

Generally (because circumstances vary), the federal statute of limitations for drug charges tends to end at around 5 years.

4 Likes
8 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes

https://archive.ph/WktyE

A tax on mansion sales in Los Angeles was intended to raise millions to fight homelessness. It hasn’t quite worked out that way.

Instead, wealthy Angelenos rebelled, putting the brakes on sales of homes priced at $5 million and above — those targeted by the initiative — with the result that the tax has raised far less money than expected since taking effect April 1.

(Assholes) argue that a $5 million home can hardly be called a mansion in Los Angeles these days, when the super-rich reside in properties with price tags of $20 million and above.

“It’s a completely ridiculous tax. First of all, $5 million in Los Angeles is not a mansion,” said Danielle Revelins, an agent with Compass real estate.

The measure imposes a 4 percent tax on properties listed between $5 million and $10 million; at $10 million and above, the tax bumps up to 5.5 percent.

IDK a million dollar home is a mansion in my book.

9 Likes

Normally I’d agree with that statement, but I was curious and 1 million doesn’t get you much in L.A.

12 Likes

In Toronto, you could throw a roof over a back lane and that would be the starting price for the bidding war.

11 Likes

I understand what you’re writing, but VERY modest post-WWII 3 bdrm/1 bath homes in my neighborhood were selling at $995K+ just before the rate hikes. Prices are now hovering at $885K+.

11 Likes

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I wish some of my fellow white women would STFU sometimes… JFC.

11 Likes

Our property tax went up almost +7% (for all homes over $375k) in '23 yet prices are STILL rising. While the county tax isn’t specifically slated for homeless aid yet it’s more than the 4% LA has levied. I think that if folks can afford a $5 or $10 million plus dollar home, they can afford the 4% tax and maybe have reason to stop complaining about the homeless problem in LA. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

$343 will get you a bus ticket out of California; the bubble is physically if not psychologically permeable.

Season 2 What GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

11 Likes

You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!

IMG_9278

5 Likes
8 Likes

a prominent white academic speaking at the main event said her professional life would have been easier if she were Black.

Billy Porter Introduction GIF by Cinderella

Meh, she doesn’t deserve fabulousness, and would probably try this on her first day:

Sunglasses Hiding GIF by Soul Train

12 Likes

Maleficent This Is All Mine GIF - Maleficent This Is All Mine - Discover & Share GIFs

5 Likes

this is why i don’t share my work online. as much as i’d like to, i won’t. i have spent far too many years developing my process in letterpress and etching illustration to get hoovered up into this nonsense.
even before this AI bs, it was too easy to lose control of one’s own work.

8 Likes