The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

21 Likes

They are not wrong that soldiers in situations like that are always having their humanity stripped away from them… But WTAF? Way to miss the point…

19 Likes

Printing Press GIF by McGill University Library

(I couldn’t find one that read: “Fuckers.”)

9 Likes

eb0dd24c3b6f56025cf186583e6c18ad

19 Likes

Vile.

She wants to be able to spew transphobic bile without criticism or even owning what her message is.

21 Likes
18 Likes

JK Rowling is set to start podcasting with a former member of the Westboro Baptist Church. And we are so very tired.

25 Likes

As the Irish say: AithnĂ­onn ciarĂłg ciarĂłg eile. One cockroach knows another.

(Well, the original is more neutral and just means “beetle”, but I thought a looser translation fits here.)

19 Likes

On the plus side, that news does make it crystal-clear that she’s going full in on hate. Maybe it will wake up some of those who haven’t been paying attention. (Why, yes, I am straining hard to find a silver lining here.)

JFC on a FC. I grew up in Topeka, the WBC was a blight on the Earth then, and they’re still a blight on the Earth 50+ years later. Somebody should point out to Ms. R that being called “a kind of saint” by a WBC member is not a ringing endorsement of either your character or your sanity. I mean, there’s “hate”, and then there’s “evil masquerading as hate”, and these folks are so far beyond that I don’t even have words to describe it.

I think “tired” is an inadequate description. I vote for “weary”.

11 Likes

Ex-member. She did leave in 2012, but unpicking an abusive cult from an ex-member’s brain can take a long time. (That’s an explanation, not an excuse.)

6 Likes

who knows no GIF by The Sean Ward Show

For the people STILL hanging on, they either don’t care, or the hate is part of the appeal.

8 Likes

And nothing of value was lost.

13 Likes

Rest In Piss Alex Jones Live.

12 Likes

Thread but can’t use Thread Reader app…

christopher “crying nazi” cantwell:

Right-libertarian to nazi.

16 Likes

I’m not sure they understand the meaning of the words “dignity and respect”.

16 Likes

Pin en I Love Lucy

Feelz like he has a secret pardon no?

18 Likes

’In unrelated news, youth pastor Justin Leblanc’s stoning for wearing mixed textiles has been postponed until Saturday.’

15 Likes

Apparently, they create their own textbooks, so those terms might’ve been skipped:

20 Likes

Thanks for that link! I had no idea that’s why the Abeka curriculum is called that.

Arlin Horton and his wife Beka moved to Pensacola and founded the Pensacola Christian School in 1954. 20 years later, they opened the Pensacola Christian College (unaccredited) to further their vision of “Education from a Christian Perspective.” The school has an in-house publisher which provides a K-12 curriculum. (it’s one of the largest Christian textbook publishers in the USA).

And yes, it’s toxic, false information, not educational at all.

15 Likes

Ugh. A lot of “recovery industry” places are scam hellholes as bad as Scientology’s Narconon, and for the same reasons.

15 Likes