The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

“nothing wrong” has a different definition in Ohio apparently.

Damn. State sanctioned Nazism.

7 Likes

The King does have clothes… but they’re old and kind of suck:

15 Likes

meant for @RickMycroft

But certain books just ain’t okay there. Totally fucked up.

8 Likes

One of the primary problems with Andrew Tate is that everyone else is left to clean up the mess. Nobody on his side is even remotely concerned with reversing the damage done by brainwashing, and parents and other people concerned with young men’s upbringing are forced to deal with even more bullshit their kid is in engaged in than simply TP-ing someone’s house.

11 Likes
16 Likes

At a Superbowl party, watching the game on Fox :roll_eyes:
when they show Rupert Murdoch in a booth with Elon Musk.
The commenter says something like, “look at all the great brain power there!”
The party becomes totally silent, until someone says, “All I see are right wing assholes.”
Cheering ensues.

24 Likes
30 Likes

Here’s the thing, i actually agree with the sentiments expressed in these ads, for the most part, even if they are expressed in clunky fashion. The one set in an execution chamber is just disturbing as hell. But knowing they are getting funded by people who are perfectly ok with genocide, as long as it’s those people, just makes the whole excercise feel incredibly off. But seeing AOC’s take, i think she may have nailed it. They can mouth the words of love and fellowship, but don’t miss the fangs behind those lips.

20 Likes

Once we were promised that exciting new technologies would free us from the need to work. The great problem of the future was how to deal with all of our leisure time when we have 12 hour work weeks!

Now the same promised technologies are portrayed as destroying most jobs and impoverishing the bulk of the population.

I don’t think either of these was ever precisely right, but they do say a lot about how optimism has been replaced by pessimism. Once techno-pessimists were branded as ridiculous “Luddities” and now it’s the technology promoters themselves who seem to eagerly anticipate this dystopic future. Skynet will be a disaster, let’s hasten the activation of skynet!

I know the reason. All the rich Silicon Valley guys want slaves, basically, both robots and humans. And they can’t wait!

15 Likes

They haven’t figured out how to keep consumer culture going if most people can survive and thrive on less income. Convincing folks that they need new clothes, new cars, and new gadgets every one to three years is what keeps some firms profitable. Banks will only lend so much to keep folks stuck in a cycle of debt, too. :woman_shrugging:t4:

13 Likes
16 Likes

“Ultra-low emissions zones in their present form do untold economic damage to any city, however, the second step after these zones will take away personal freedoms as well,” he said.

Mr-rogers-middle-finger GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

19 Likes

I’d to sound like a broken record here about this topic over and over again but, celebrity really is a dangerous thing

19 Likes

He needs to show his work.

16 Likes

Hm. I’d been looking for a phone app to track mom’s prescriptions. i.e. number of pills, refills on file with the pharmacy vs contacting her doctor. No daily time reminder needed, just a heads-up for me ahead of when she’ll be running out. Simple.

So many of the apps wanted to send the data back to the company. I guess that’s why.

Maybe I’ll write one after all.

14 Likes

Teenager with a swastika is detained after throwing bombs at schools in São Paulo state countryside

10 Likes

I wonder if Rendon’s lawyers will claim that “Social Media Influencing” is a business, therefore, any money that went into financing Rendon’s lifestyle actually financed a business and is therefore legal.

10 Likes
14 Likes

lord of the rings GIF

NEXT…QUARTER…PROFITABLE…

…FISCAL…CONTRACTION…AS…FORESEEN…

18 Likes
20 Likes