The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

What the actual FUCK.

14 Likes

It only sounds exhausting to you. Twisted logic is the foundation of how they were raised from birth.

5 Likes

It’s infuriating right now!

4 Likes

This whole thread sounds eerily familiar and I confess my ignorance of Idi Amin and the ugly parallels to the U.S. right now re :tangerine: :clown_face:

8 Likes

Does that mean that, when Biden’s team moves into the White House, the first thing they should do is check the freezers?

There is one point in which I disagree with Greenberg, though. Looking at his management of COVID-19, Trump is making great strides on the “kill your own populace” bit.

7 Likes

I don’t know… I kind of find that thread pretty free of the larger historical context of European imperialism and racism. Trump most certainly isn’t from a country dealing with the historical legacy of specifically racist imperialism that had a direct impact on him, nor is he a victim of racial injustice in his own country, which would have been true of Black Africans. The thread starts with 1971, as if Ugandan history STARTS with Idi Amin’s actions, rather than his actions being made possible by history of the region. Amin feels free from historical context, in other words.

Greenberg’s statement on imperialism:

I’d argue that ignoring the larger historical context of Amin is just as intolerable as ignore European antisemitism and its role in the Holocaust, or the rise of theories about race and labor in justifying American chattel slavery. It’s a means of deflecting blame and greater understanding of how such violent events can happen in our world. It’s almost never about individuals acting against humanity, but of the larger historical context that allows for such anti-human actions. No one individual can kill thousands or millions of people, unless they have the historical ground work laid for them. Trump was able to have the children of migrants taken from them, because we live in a society where some large percentage of people already view undocumented immigrants as lesser than.

I don’t think you can take an individual and compare him to another outside of their distinct historical context, especially when the historical contexts of the two individual in questions differ so very much.

19 Likes

Excepting that they were both The Last King of Scotland.

8 Likes

Trump wishes! The Scottish people seemed to have rejected him.

Oh, except this woman in Asheville…

Apparently, she has Trump shit up in the Window. And she’s racist against the Irish… you know how racist you have to be to be racist against the Irish?

16 Likes

Especially when you’re Scottish. Both Celtic- lots of cultural back and forth and gene pool mixing between them. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Right? But don’t tell Betty that… She also hates the Asheville Highland Games, but likes the one down here in Atlanta. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

She’s just jealous that most of the Irish run their own country, are in the EU and are doing better economically.

*have a grandparent from both Ireland and Scotland.

8 Likes

Someone needs to let her know that the irish and scots are united in their hatred of the english, those very same people who promoted prejudice and opression of the irish and the scots when they arrived in america…

5 Likes

We are not a monolith

4 Likes

Don’t hate the English, far too many family and friends are English if simple humanity wasnt enough, I hate the Tories. I’ve never met a Scottish Tory though they do exist I believe.

10 Likes
10 Likes

I’ve an Irish-American friend who says he was 12 years old before he learned that FuckingEnglish was not one word.

7 Likes

I thought sure it was going to be Martha’s Vinyard.
What a bummer, though. They had a good chance of escaping this thing, being on an island, but they didn’t bother. :slightly_frowning_face:

7 Likes

Oh they exist unfortunately…

BTW, I’m English by parentage, and Scottish by birth, and I’m aware that not everyone thinks the same.

1 Like

Both families attend the same church, but Knox said that the actions involving the girl are not condoned by the church, which he declined to name.

“The investigation done so far indicates that this is an isolated incident and NOT the actions of a cult,” Knox wrote in a news release on the department’s Facebook page.

I have to guess that it is a cult, just one of the state sanctioned kind.

13 Likes
19 Likes