The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

When Alt-Right Worlds Collide:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/donald-trump-ezra-levant_ca_5d64044fe4b0b034ea004432?ncid=other_trending_qeesnbnu0l8&utm_campaign=trending

Trump Defends Trudeau Meeting After Insult From Ezra Levant

This crossover episode is weird.

6 Likes

Speaking of Ngo, the latest round of publicity was apparently bad enough that even the 21st century phrenologists donā€™t want to be seen with him anymore.

8 Likes

BTW, Quillette are attempting to spin this as the result of Ngoā€™s mythical brain damage:

16 Likes

This! The distancing game that far right groups play when something happens is getting old. Itā€™s not based on any moral revelation, itā€™s just bad optics.

9 Likes

Mmmmm K

Nothing says conspiracy like altered cam footage.

FirmVigorousBat

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure weā€™re all just shocked at this latest revelation.

5 Likes

The brain injury that Ngo stated would prevent him from doing his work (three weeks after which statement he was back out on the streets ā€œcoveringā€ his fascist buddies)? They really have to get their stories straight.

If this decision is truly about Ngoā€™s health (narrator: it isnā€™t), itā€™s less about brain damage than skull damage. Phrenologists can put up with a lot, but thatā€™s where they draw the line.

I suppose this is a sincere statement, in the sense that Quillette still wants to see more sympathetic coverage of fascist street gangs out there even if they canā€™t platform it overtly themselves.

5 Likes

The tl;dr for the article is that after a report that the NYT building has a bedbug problem, someone tweeted a joke that Bret Stephens was the bedbug. It got basically zero attention until Bret emailed the guy and his provost decrying the callousness of the joke and demanding that he come call him a bedbug to his face at dinner with his family. Really the only way Bret could have found out about the tweet was by searching for his name like an obsessively narcissistic loser, but then I did already say it was Bret Stephens.

This would, of course, be the same Bret Stephens who has been decrying the ā€œcensorshipā€ of right-wing ideas at colleges and universities for the past several years. I guess itā€™s only an assault on free speech when theyā€™re not calling you a bedbug. Stephens, for his part, insists he wasnā€™t trying to get the professor in trouble by CCing his provost on the email, he just felt that his boss "should be aware of the way in which their people, their professors or journalists interact with the rest of the world.ā€ Which is Extremely White Woman Calling 911 On A POC Picnic Goer levels of bullshit.

Honestly the whole thing is a level of stupid that still somehow manages to make my brain hurt in spite of everything else happening in the world right now.

10 Likes

The video was taken more than a month before his supposed brain damage. Maybe they hit him so hard in June that the brain damage traveled through time to affect him in May!

9 Likes

After watching the video I think that I might have brain damage.

What a bunch of moronic in-bred idiots.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s just his brand of conservatism.

8 Likes

Over a year old, and I only looked at it because Arthur Schwartz was involved. Butā€¦

Over the summer and fall, the White House and CIA considered a package of proposals to privatize intelligence operations, including a plan to snatch terrorists overseas in a rendition action, as BuzzFeed News first disclosed. At the center of the plan was a security and intelligence company called Amyntor Group, headquartered in Whitefish, Montana, associated with figures from the Iran-Contra operation of the 1980s. Hicks brokered introductions for this company.

What is it with Whitefish?

6 Likes

Dropping this in here because trump inspired assholes will be all over this like flies on sh** soon enough.

7 Likes

Grifters from Hell

Benjamin Crosswhite ā€¦ seriously? His name is like trumpā€™s unholy trinity: Benjamins, Burning Crosses and White.

7 Likes

Itā€™s right there in the name.

5 Likes
9 Likes

I first heard about the town in the mid-90s, when the racist cop in the OJ Simpson case moved there to get away from evil California libruls. It seems to hold some status as a white-topia for bigots.

8 Likes

tl;dr: Guy goes out on the town with his wife with the intention to pick fights, has to go to 5 or 6 bars before someone will have a go, after he calls a black woman the N-word.

Hereā€™s a hint, dude: [whisper] it wasnā€™t the hat, it was the flaming asshole under it [/whisper]

11 Likes
12 Likes

And this is why the Confederate Flag and all the symbols of the white supremacist south should have been outlawed as of 1865. The resurgence of these symbols in the early 20th century for the purposes of Jim Crow allowed the stupid ā€œHeritageā€ crap a foothold in American folklore.

12 Likes