The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

Precedent would be that the court would be reduced in size upon the next vacancy, so no one would be automatically removed.

8 Likes

Itā€™s been reduced previously? And here I am thinking Iā€™ve got an original idea.

Well - looks like weā€™re in one of those times when new precedents get formed - youā€™re retired at the full retirement level by in reverse seniority. Go enjoy your beer to you hearts content.

10 Likes

hereā€™s trump himself ā€œjokingā€

12 Likes
12 Likes

ā€œI donā€™t believe in numbers.ā€

Iā€™m like, ā€œHeifer, can you count to ten?ā€

Because if she can, then sheā€™s obviously full of shit.

And if she canā€™t, that goes a long way to explaining why sheā€™s a 45 supporter.

16 Likes

iā€™m a math teacher, she must hate people like me.

12 Likes

10 Likes

The Times story does not use the word cult , but itā€™s easy to see why some of its details alarmed many readers. People of Praise members are said to be accountable to a same-sex adviser, called a ā€œheadā€ for men and (until recently) a ā€œhandmaidenā€ for women, who gives input on a wide variety of personal decisions. They swear ā€œa lifelong oath of loyaltyā€ to the group. As one blogger put it, ā€œBarrett is a dangerous religious extremist who believes a federal judge can subvert the U.S. Constitution and the laws of the United States in order to promote her own religious agenda.ā€

14 Likes

So, a republican. No shock.

18 Likes

Kind of along similar lines, Iā€™ve been wondering if there is anything stopping us from conducting the census more frequently than every 10 years. It seems like this round is getting seriously botched, for a number of reasons, but if Biden wins, could he get a do-over to get more accurate numbers?
The way I read that part of the constitution, it just states that we have to do one at least every 10 years, so it seems it would be possible.

7 Likes

Couldnā€™t figure out where to post this.

Figured this might be the place.

9 Likes

What in the actual fuck?

14 Likes

Wonder what these ignoramuses think ā€œcollectismā€ is supposed to mean? Itā€™s not even a word. Is this a thing with those q-anon idiots?

14 Likes

the whole story is so strange and yet iā€™ve personally experienced at least one thing over the course of the last week that was weirder than this so, i donā€™t know what to think.

10 Likes

Could be? Either way, this is creepy as fuck.

Which is scary. Weā€™re going to see more of this kind of harassment going on right up to the election.

10 Likes

Voting for biden makes you a domestic terrorist?

Lol, as if trump supporters arenā€™t the ones with the actual body count.

What a couple condescending shitbags.

13 Likes

the late justice was called a ā€œmurdering hagā€ by one follower of Christ while another compared her to Adolf Hitler before stating he had redeeming qualities she lacked

They can never get their story straight about whether theyā€™re for or against Literal Hitler

15 Likes

So then is it Barrett or her husband who is being nominated?

Iā€™m semi-serious. If thatā€™s her public position, then thatā€™s a conflict of interest, that a jurist believes that someone else, not part of the confirmation process, could control how they rule on cases.

16 Likes

It might be, but it always goes with the understanding that the elite (like, presumably she sees herself to be part of) are different and are to be held to a different standard. Itā€™s a case of ā€œdo as I say, not as I do.ā€

Then again, if these groups got what they actually wanted, I doubt Serena Joy would actually be pleased with the outcome.

13 Likes

See also Phyllis Schlafly.

11 Likes