The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

a literal anti-democracy movement :anguished:

15 Likes

Is Putin taunting trump or is he laying out a path?

10 Likes

Same sort of idea as Berlusconi, who passed a law saying no-one over 70 could be sent to jail (he was 69 or so at the time) if found guilty, and plenty of other BS, Italian politicians are so brazen it left me gobsmacked for a while… it’s supposedly a functional democracy still.

3 Likes
9 Likes

He was already going to have a centrist cabinet. Like, he was talking about appointing Republicans well before the election.

12 Likes

" Fox News pundits have started issuing threats to Philadelphia. Lou Dobbs demanded people “surround” the city and exert a “demanding presence,” while Harlan Hill tweeted that he’s coming to Philly and “This is war.” [Media Matters]"

Welcome to Philadelphia. This is what happened last time you came here.

Crowd chases a man to his parked car, smashes in the back windows as he tries to drive away #Philly #PhillyProtest #Antifa #ProudBoys pic.twitter.com/wCjsiPRGTb

— Brendan Gutenschwager (@BGOnTheScene) September 19, 2020

16 Likes

Yeah, no. I’d say that there’s no way that Biden could be that thick after 8 years of Obama. He’s going to appoint that cabinet because he wants to, and the Republican threat is just an excuse.

5 Likes

11 Likes

are there any republican senators from states with democratic governors with the authority to appoint the successor who could be given a cabinet post?

5 Likes

/mild shock

9 Likes

Actually surprised they just didn’t utilize the same fence providers tasked with walling off all of the US embassies around the world.

3 Likes

A couple. Toomey in Pennsylvania and Burr in North Carolina are retiring in '22, and the Democratic governor gets to appoint the replacement. In Wisconsin Johnson is retiring and the replacement would go to a special election which has a decent shot of going to the Democrats.

7 Likes

Ron Johnson in Wisconsin. They would have to create a new federal department for him to be Secretary of Fuck Off, Ron! though.

9 Likes
11 Likes

“ Claire McCaskill used to be a Democratic senator from Missouri. Then she lost her re-election campaign in 2018 by 9 points, during a year when Democrats made huge congressional gains. She lost even though she made every attempt to swing to the right and tie herself to the Trump administration. It didn’t work. The people of Missouri made it clear they did not want her around anymore.”

“ So it was that McCaskill turned up to MSNBC on Wednesday night to give her sage advice to Brian Williams. The conversation started with mostly standard stuff—McCaskill said that working-class white people needed to be centered more and Williams said the Democrats were a “Whole Foods Party in a nation I insist is still a Ralph’s country, a Piggly-Wiggly country, a Safeway country, and so on.”

Conversations about the working class never seem to mention, say, any people of color, and Williams made $10 million a year during the height of his NBC career and McCaskill’s net worth has been estimated at over $26 million, so I’m not sure if they’re really the people with their fingers on the pulse of blue-collar America, but whatever.”

14 Likes

i would submit that statement for any available award for “hyperbolic-level understatement” that may or may not exist.

11 Likes

via NYT:

Perdue

13 Likes
11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 2).