The Genius Mini is the pipe smoking alternative modern users need

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/11/the-genius-mini-is-the-pipe-sm.html

Pipe smoking is in a weird place culturally.

Same as it ever was…

8 Likes

Hey kids, don’t smoke.
Also:
Pipe smoking is cool.

SMH

2 Likes

It’s true - all the cool kids are doing it!

4 Likes

anybody who believes any customer has ever used this product to smoke tobacco raise your hand

7 Likes

Promoting smoking of tobacco? I don’t think that’s cool! It’s so addictive and carcinogenic! I just can’t see it as a good thing.

2 Likes

It doesn’t show up n the BBS view, but if you look at the actual post, you’ll see that it has a video of cannabis connoisseur Tommy Chong promoting this device. In other words, this device is for smoking weed, not tobacco. They’re just required say it’s for tobacco for legal reasons, because the laws are backwards, unfortunately.

But it’s not a SubGenius Mini.

4 Likes

I like the idea of smoking a pipe. Then I remember my grandfather on an oxygen tank and am like nah.

1 Like

It’s really disappointing to me that BoingBoing continues to hawk smoking products. It’s like Walgreens still selling tobacco, except the hypocrisy is solidly higher.

I can’t see any valid arguments for putting these ads up and selling these products in their store. At least, no arguments that aren’t identical to what tobacco companies and publications that accept(ed) smoking advertising used for years.

2 Likes

But weed! It’s magical and natural and it could never do anything bad to you. Why do you hate freedom?

/s

2 Likes

not a pipe

5 Likes

the pipe smoking alternative modern users need

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Jonathan Richman and the Smoking Alternative Modern Users!

Hand-blown glass is not sleek or stylish?

Highly doubt it.

Have fun cleaning that!

The fact that BoingBoing continues to market paraphernalia for addictive substances is inexcusable.

1 Like

What’s with this promoting of something that’s long since been proved 100% harmful? I think you have gone down a very dangerous path and should desist immediately. You should be ashamed of yourselves, encouraging anything to do with tobacco or smoking. If this carries on, I shall probably stop reading your news, as I can probably extract the same info. from other sources without being encouraged to wreck my health at the same time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.